Author Topic: Please be aware when using this shop  (Read 10218 times)

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
Please be aware when using this shop
« on: December 21, 2014, 22:06:25 PM »
The words of your post on the Fethiye Forum

I would like to let you know of a recent experience with a shop called Bravocassa in Fethiye. In September we purchased a piece of garden furniture. At the time we were led to believe the item was in stock, however, it was not until we had completed the payment process using our Turkish Debit Card that they advised us that the item would need to be ordered from their branch in Antalya. We expressed our annoyance about this but in good faith we waited for delivery.

Needless to say, the item was not delivered by the specified day and we had to constantly chase them up as we were returning to the UK in the next two weeks. Eventually it was delivered but it was badly marked, had the wrong colour seat cushions and frame. We contacted the store and they agreed to give us a refund, so we went into the store and they then informed us that it had to be credited to our Bank Account which would take a few days. We were not happy as they said that it has to be processed through their Head Office in Istanbul. After much heated discussion, as we felt they were lying to us, we left the store and a few days returned to the UK.

We checked our Bank Account many times and there was no refund. We sent emails and each time they gave us their assurance and another date when the refund will be made. To date we have still not had refund!

Having now Googled Bravocassa we read reviews of other people experiencing problems with their purchases. As most of you know they give the appearance of being a higher class Turkish store, which in reality they are clearly not and people should be aware of their devious and unsavoury ways, particularly, if you are contemplating spending a lot of money with them eg, new furniture or a fitted kitchen. They have the audacity to advertise in the Land of Lights newspaper portraying themselves as a first class store. I re-iterate: be aware that from our experience they mislead you from the outset by:-
a)      processing purchases without advising you of the delivery criteria
b)      fail to deliver at the specified date
c)       deliver items that are not new and not in line with the item ordered
d)      maintain that they cannot recredit your money as it has to be processed by Head office, yet they several card readers enabling a credit to be made to you account.
e)      Having lied and mislead with all of the above they continue to lie to you and on the face of it have no intention of refunding you money.

Admittedly, as through our conversations they were aware that we were returning to the UK, this has given them the upper hand as they know that we are not in a position to confront them face to face on a daily basis.

If anyone can offer any advice on the best approach to try and get our money back we would welcome it.  The bottom line is they want to keep our money and give us another item, but based upon our experience with them , we are not confident that we will get what we ordered and equally because of their behaviour we have no desire to do business with them.

We are very disappointed with this store as we have always received extremely good service from other businesses over the past few years. It is people like Bravocassa that tarnish the reputations of good Turkis people.

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
Re: Please be aware when using this shop
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 22:38:26 PM »
I have posted this in the wrong place. Please can somebody advise me how to move it to the section on shops.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 23:54:14 PM »
I will not use Bravocassa again either.

I didn't have anything like the problems you have experienced but the quality of the furniture is not up to the price and the delivery date was THREE MONTHS AFTER they said it would be.

There are many, many other furniture stores in Fethiye we can use. Eren Store have been absolutely spot on every time as has Nar Konsept - as long as I deal with the lovely Hasan that is (his colleagues seem to want to charge me more). But the quality and service at Nar has been excellent.

So sorry to hear that they have still not resolved the issue. So frustrating and annoying.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 00:00:17 AM »

Eren Store have been absolutely spot on

Good one!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 09:59:29 AM »
I do not generally look at names when on retail expeditions, so can you let me know where this store is so I can avoid it.  Ta very muchly

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 11:59:10 AM »
If you are driving from Gunlukbasi to Fethiye you pass the large kipa on your left. Then about 100 metres before the roundabout to otogar/industrial area Bravocassa is on the right hand side on a corner of side road /main road. Always lots of furniture outside.
WW

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 12:38:15 PM »
Thanks Wickwilly, I know the place now and will avoid.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 12:45:11 PM »
There's another branch in Tasyaka, about 100 metres past the plastic cow & on the opposite side of the road

Offline Menthol

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 13:54:57 PM »
The place in Tasyaka that now says Lider on it (the green building) told me they were no longer anything to do with Bravocassa.

They were very keen to distance themselves from Bravocassa when I spoke to them last year. They didn't have anything good to say about them.

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 20:43:47 PM »
Despite my previous post I'm pleased to advise you that on our recent return to Turkey we visited Bravocassa in Fethiye. To our astonishment we were amazed that they remembered us, they actually apologised and more importantly they gave us a full refund. Obviously we were originally very disappointed with the way things were handled, which prompted my original post on the CBF.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf