Author Topic: Turkish Tax Number  (Read 4683 times)

Offline juce

« on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »
Hi I have just been asked by Intasure for my turkish tax code so we can renew our dask insurance (this is the first time we have been asked for this). As I don't have my tax number at hand I entered my information on the Turkish Tax website, my name fathers name etc. This generated my tax code but when I compared it to the one that I have at my bank these numbers don't match up

So my questions are has anyone else been asked for there tax number for the dask insurance and any ideas on why I have 2 different tax numbers and what if anything  should I do about it ?

Thanks

Juce

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Turkish Tax Number
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Post the link to the site you used and I'll give it a go and see what I get. I'm thinking maybe you got your Kimlik number instead - did it start with 99...........?

Offline juce

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 00:50:06 AM »
Thanks for your reply the number I have received from the website does not begin with a 9 I think that it is my tax number but I do not understand why it is different from the number my bank gave me.

Vergi Kimlik Numarası this is what it states on the website and there is a 10 digit number after it

This is the link - https://intvd.gib.gov.tr/internetvd/template.jsp?page=IVD_VKNO

Thanks again

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:22:46 AM »
I'd trust the one given by the tax website.

Do you still have the card with your tax number on it from when you first applied? 

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 07:27:13 AM »
Just tried it and got "wanted records found" but no number ?????  Easier to go to your tax office I think.

Offline juce

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 07:57:02 AM »
I don't have a card with a card with a tax number on, so where is the tax office and do they speak English and  do you think I should inform my bank ?

Thanks again

Juce

Offline Steve A

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:50:01 AM »
Watching with interest as I've lost mine also

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
Never had anyone who speaks English on the staff at the tax office but have always come across a very helpful customer who can

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »
Just take your passport, I think you have to go upstairs still. Tell the lady on the desk that you have a vergi number but no card and they will give you another card. In Turkish "Benim vergi numerasi var ama kart yok. Bana yeni kart lazim lutfen". My Turkish isn't brill but that got my friend his card when I went with him.

I would also take a photocopy of your passport in case she says you don't have a number, she will then give you one. No problem and no charge for this.

The tax office is on a little road between the Migros road to Calis and the New Kordon harbour road. It is sign posted as the "Maliye"

Offline juce

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »
Thanks for your help I'm back out in October will pay a visit to the tax office as I have said before I don't understand what number the bank have given me its a ten digit number and they did say that this was my tax number.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf