Author Topic: Once upon a time, there was a king.  (Read 769 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Once upon a time, there was a king.
« on: September 02, 2017, 12:35:21 PM »
Once upon a time, there was a king.
The king ruled over a small kingdom he had inherited from his father. The king was not a particularly bad ruler, considering. However, one of the dukedoms his late father had conquered, started to plot against him, in order to liberate themselves from his kingdom.
The king naturally had spies in the rebellious duke's castle, and so he soon found out about their plans. And he had the duke brought to him to be questioned.
Naturally, the duke denied all knowledge. So the king, sighing heavily, summoned the royal torturer and told him to cut the duke's toes off.
After the torturer has done as told, the king started to question the duke again.
And again, the duke told the king he did not know what he was talking about.
So the torturer cut the duke's fingers off.
And again the king asked the duke about the rebellion planned.
And again the duke told him he knew naught about it.
So the torturer cut away his ears (Nothing), removed his nose (I know nothing), and gouged out his eyes (I do not know what you are talking about, your highness).
Amazed and taken by the duke's courage, the king told the torturer to end the duke's suffering.
The torturer picked up his wide, heavy axe, lifted it high, aimed and swung towards the duke's neck.
Yet, right as he started the swing, the count screamed "No! Wait! I'll talk!" Of course, by then it was too late, and the torturer took his head clean off.
Moral of the story: Don't kill your count before he chickens.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf