Author Topic: It's worth it  (Read 777 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
It's worth it
« on: October 25, 2017, 11:40:38 AM »
So this guy was driving through the desert, it was a hot day and his car was an old junker. About 5 miles outside of town the car finnally kicks the bucket. So, with no other choice, the guy begins to walk to town. After what feels like hours the guy stumbles upon an oasis in the middle of some dunes.
At the center of this oasis is a lever with a snake on it. The man approaches the snake, curious but afraid at the same time. As he approaches the snake begins to speak to him: "Hello friend, my name is Nate. I am the protector of this lever here. This lever is the most dangerous in the world. If you were to switch it you would destroy the world and life as we know it. I'm supposed to kill anyone who stumbles upon this place, but this is your lucky day. I have a proposition for you: Take my son with you back to the city, let him explore it with you, teach him the way of life and this world so that when the time comes that he needs to replace me he will understand what he is protecting.
The man agrees and takes Nate's son back with him to the city. Every few months they both drive back to tell nate all that they have seen and explored until one day the man receives a message that Nate needs to see him and his son immediately; he is dying. So they get into the man's car and make haste to get to Nate before its too late. The man knows his way to the oasis now since they have been driving to and from it frequently. As he is cresting the final dune to get into the oasis the worst possible thing happens: the breaks go out on his car. As the car is racing down the dune at a high rate of speed the man looks up and notices that he is headed straight for the lever. But Nate isn't on the lever he is curled up a few feet to the side of the lever. The man is left with two choices: 1) Run over the lever and destroy the world and life as he knows it or 2) Run over Nate with his son in the car and ruin any chance that Nate has to pass on his duty to his son. The man didn't have much time to think but made a desicion:
Better Nate, then lever.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf