Author Topic: Court Hearing  (Read 3943 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Court Hearing
« on: February 26, 2013, 14:38:37 PM »

As some of you know one of our dogs Kia the Husky was stolen from a carers garden by a neighbour, after substaing a broken leg, and assaulted in his house :( >:(, the Police came and arrested the man and he was sent to jail for three months pending his court case.

At an earlier hearing he was found guilty of the rape charge and fined 430 lira, he had another hearing today for taking of neighbours property and damaging, Today in his absence he was found guilty and sentenced to 10 months in prison and ordered to pay the court costs of 1,320 Lira   :) This money will be paid into the Animal Aid account  :)

Neither he or his lawyer showed in court today it is rumoured he has fled the area :( but the police have said they will persue him now, believed to be in Ankara.

We would like to thank Sule Beder for representing us in court on both occasions at minimal costs and doing a fantastic job of making the case stick also we would like to thank Serkan the vet who provided much needed evidence of the attack.

Kia was assaulted while her leg was in plaster and the leg never recovered from that point on and recently had her leg amputated, she and Jasper who also has a very sad tale are both off to the UK soon both minus a front leg :(, We can also thank carol Holbrook who set up a fundraising campaign to get them back to the UK and surpased the amount required very quickly  :)

Well done to everyone who has supported us through this ordeal, it's not all parties  :(, and we wish the two dogs well in their travels  :)  ;)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Court Hearing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 14:47:44 PM »
Gosh what a story - you don't realise just how much you guys are doing until you read something like this - well done to all involved.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk 2

Offline angela

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 14:49:53 PM »
pardon my ignorance Tinkerman, but did this individual rape the dog??

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 15:19:37 PM »
Yes he did Angela. I'm so glad that he has a prison sentence to serve, even though not for the rape. I also hope that the police find him and lock him up.

Offline Dizzy Jan

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 15:33:36 PM »
Well done Andy, Animal Aid and Sule what a result lets hope they lock him up and lose the key.

Offline angela

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 15:34:13 PM »
I hope they give him a bloody good kicking as well. I love my dogs to bits, and I can't bear cruelty on any level, that is just so repulsive!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 15:51:58 PM »
Apparently this is the first time a person has received a prison sentence for this crime, long may it continue.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 19:18:31 PM »
well done all for perservering to get this result today.. Hope the  lowlife  is caught and put behind bars where he belongs real soon....

Offline grizabella

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 19:54:10 PM »
Well done to everyone involved in this case.It wasnt easy but you've prevailed on the side of justice.Lets hope this monster gets caught soon and he is put behind bars where he belongs.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 21:17:11 PM »
I'm delighted to read this Andy.  Well done everyone involved.
I also hope they catch him soon and he gets a taste of his own medicine very soon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf