Author Topic: All Change at the 3C's  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Pi55y

All Change at the 3C's
« on: October 06, 2015, 21:23:31 PM »
The following is a copy of a press release following todays Annual General Meeting of the 3C's

************************************************************************************

Founder members of the 3C’s Children’s charity, Peter and Chrissie Cark, have retired from their positions on the 3C’s committee after 8 years in office.

Peter has been chairman of the local charity from its inception when under the name of the Çalış Carnival Committee, it organised the original Çalış Carnivals.  Wife and right hand woman Chrissie has been secretary of the committee since its formation, more lately working jointly with Jan Freeman who is also standing down from some of her secretarial duties.

These announcements were made at today's  Annual General Meeting of the charity when treasurer Liz Burton announced that the charity had made a record breaking 110,769 TL in 2015 -  8,000 TL more than the previous year.

Thanking everyone for their hard work and support over the years Peter said,

“Chrissie and I have really enjoyed our time with the Carnival and the 3Cs committee, but things move on. We have met some wonderful, inspirational people  and we  won’t forget our  years with the 3C’s. But, we came out here to retire and we have many more things to do and places to see in the latter stages of our lives.  I hope that our legacy continues and wish those who take over the reins all success".

The  position of Chairman for 2016 will be jointly shared by Mark Pietsch, and long standing committee member Mick McCauley.  Mark is no newcomer to the work as he was vice-chairman of the original Çalış Carnival Committee for a number of years. 

The secretarial tasks will be devolved amongst various members of the committee with Jan Freeman continuing to take on some of the major tasks.  Liz Burton was re-elected as Treasurer, Cathy Harrower as shop manager and Julia Bailey as shop secretary.  The position of Schools and Organisations Liaison Officer will be shared jointly between Mark Pietsch, Mick Mc Cauley and Ulla Kleinhaus-Koch.

A full financial report together with details of all projects and activities undertaken in 2015 will be contained in the charity’s Annual Report which will be issued later next month.

************************************************************************************************

Peter and I would like to thank all members of CBF who have supported us whole-heartedly over the last eight years, both morally and financially,  and we hope that you will continue to give your support to the the new committee to whom we wish all the best.

Pete and Chrissie

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: All Change at the 3C's
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 21:42:32 PM »
Here's wishing you both the time to enjoy your retirement freely now. What a legacy to leave behind. Well done to you both and and wishing continued success to the new committee. xxx

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 21:53:19 PM »
Exceptional work and exceptional funds raised.

Well done and enjoy a very well deserved retirement.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 22:02:18 PM »
Pete and Chrissy you both deserve to enjoy your retirement in full;  you have, along with other committee members, worked so hard over the years, we have enjoyed the events raising money for the local children's charities, we hope to enjoy them in the future with the new committee.
Enjoy your your new life,  x

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 22:23:19 PM »
It will of course be impossible for me to find the words to adequately describe my admiration for Peter and Chrissie Clark.

But it is quite simply immense.

There will be hundreds of kids who do not know who you are but whose lives will have been improved immeasurably by your efforts.

The best compliment I can pay you both is to say “take a bow because you did make a difference”. And you made a difference to some of the most vulnerable people in the region that you choice to “retire”.

Of course, even you two couldn’t have managed that alone and all 3C’s volunteers, especially those who maybe stepping down at this time, should also take a bow. Well done all.

So Peter and Chrissie, go away and enjoy your retirement which is so richly deserved. It would be Brenda and my greatest pleasure to spend some of that time with you both the next time we are over.

Kindest regards and best wishes for the future.

John

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 22:51:30 PM »

A truly selfless and caring couple, you have changed the the lives of so many young people

in such a positive way. You really are inspirational. God Bless you in your next venture.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 23:05:24 PM »
Sad to see the two of you go, you did a wonderful job and was lovely to see you once again at our place for coffee a couple of week ago and please remember you are always welcome to come and see us anytime.
Enjoy your retirement, you will be missed, we will always remember how hard you worked for the 3C's.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 23:23:38 PM »
I don't blame you!!

Who would have thought all this would even happen all those years ago when you turned up at our house in Bedfordshire with a Jag XJS and an Indian takeaway    ;)

I have seen first hand the commitment, dedication, experience and professionalism you freely gave to the Carnivals and the 3C charity. You guys took charity in the area to an immense new level and sustained it - no, increased it - year after year. There are children (and young adults now) who's lives are different, and will always be different because of what you set up and the efforts you made.

It was our pleasure to do a bit on CBF - the bit that allowed the super generous amongst our membership to do a lot. On a fully selfish note my reward (not that I needed one) was to be included in a day visit at Bozalan School, a day my good lady and I will remember forever. What CBF members achieved still amazes me - I remember reading the list of wants/needs, going cold and thinking "My God, there's no way we'll get all that". Well we did.

Link for anyone wondering what on Earth I am on about: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=46719.0

Enjoy what certainly is an extremely well earned retirement.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 23:58:04 PM »
I can't add anything more than what has already been said.
Enjoy your retirement.  You have well and truly earned it

Offline Lotty

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 07:10:06 AM »
It's a privilege to have met a couple so tirelessly devoted to fund raising for such a fabulous cause. Well done both! From the seed you've sown, the 3C's will continue to flourish and grow. A marvellous achievement. Thank you to both of you and to everyone else involved who gives their time freely and unconditionally to this great charity.   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf