Author Topic: Animals being poisoned in Calis....please be careful with your animals  (Read 2456 times)

Offline june

WARNINGS......
Please can you all be very careful when walking your animals in Kaya Woods, unfortunately a poor dog has died from poisoning :-(, we think at this stage the  dog eat poison put down for the Wild Boar, but we are asking you all to be really careful in the Kaya Woods Afkule side...Please be alert, keep your dogs on a lead and do not let them eat anything on the ground, but if you see anything you are unsure of take pictures so we can share with others...

In addition to this you will have seen Gokcen Gokmen Bayram has posted on about further poisonings in Calis, these ARE malicious poisonings and in the area off Baris Manco Bulvari, streets 1023 an 1029 Ibrahim gul, within the past few weeks several dogs have died by poisoned meat being thrown over the fence to them, we are now hearing that a cat has also died from poison in the same area, Please be very careful if you live in this area.
Thank you
ANIMAL AID

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Animals being poisoned in Calis....please be careful with your animals
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 20:16:04 PM »
What a horrible death these poor animals must have had. How sick to be feeding them meat laced with poison. Hope the culprits get caught.  :(

Offline Troy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 04:56:41 AM »
I hate to hear such stories. I wish Turkish society would have more respect for animals, and that the government would intervene in such cases. I love animals, I cannot even bear to see a bird in a cage.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 10:02:42 AM »
I know this poisoning is a regular thing, particularly around the bins where people put poison. It is so sad to want an animal to suffer and die in agony.
Troy, I am with you ther about caged birds.  I hate to see a bird in a cage.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 14:06:35 PM »
Hope they are caught, and very soon.  Surely there is a law against such things in Turkey?
We are on 1027 sokak and would hate to think our gorgeous complex cat Melissa could be taken from us in such a way.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 14:45:42 PM »
There are laws about it, and every poisoning should be reported to the Zabita and Haytap, they are the equivalent of the RSPCA.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 16:10:02 PM »
its really sad to hear. In the 'olden days' I heard that strays were poisoned at the end of each season to keep the numbers down. Thankfully due to local animal charity groups this practice has almost died out but sadly there will still be people who dont know better!

Offline Anna Malaid

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 22:39:35 PM »
We are currently working with both the English and Turkish Communities raising a Petition and a letter of complaint that will go to the Mayor and all the relevant Authorities.....

Offline Anna Malaid

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 20:25:49 PM »
2 more poor dogs have been poisoned overnight, all in the area off Baris Manci Bulvari, around sokak 1022/23/24 area...Please be very careful with your animals keep them on a lead at all times and DO NOT let them eat anything off the ground, particularly around the bins.....we are doing all we can to get help to find these evil vile people that are doing this...In the meantime please be very careful with your animals at All times.
Thank you
ANIMAL AID.....

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 20:53:11 PM »
it's so cruel :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf