Author Topic: House news  (Read 1963 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

House news
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:19:50 AM »
Sadly the build has come to a standstill at the moment due to the weather conditions. The windows are there waiting to be fitted but they are unable to do this as they say the glues will not set in the bad weather. The laminate flooring has the base put down but they are unable to put the laminate on until the windows are in. The oversized doors are in the process of  being made  but there was a delay as the quotes we were initially given were way over the top in the Architects opinion so he found another contractor . So little to do so it is very frustrating for us and probably the family but fingers crossed they get a spell of good weather and it can be completed . I will keep you updated on any more news .

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: House news
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »
Thanks for the update Mavis.

Working in the construction industry I know that things very run 100 % smoothly which is hugely frustrating.

I hope the issues get resolved soon.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »
What a shame Mavis.  All will be well in the end though, I'm sure  :)
Keep up the good work

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:37:39 PM »
Thanks for the update Mavis.

Working in the construction industry I know that things very run 100 % smoothly which is hugely frustrating.

I hope the issues get resolved soon.

Should have read "ever" and not "very".

Thanks to kind member who advised me of the error - I didn't think he read my posts  ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 12:39:37 PM »
We think about how it's going all the time, it's so frustrating when the end is in sight yet there are all these irritating drawbacks. The architect sounds like he's on the ball.  Sickening to think they'd try to overcharge for anything to do with this humane project. God bless those boys and their family. Let's hope the sun starts shining in every way.   :)
Lotty & MSB. xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf