Author Topic: jeep safari  (Read 7779 times)

Offline Tonya

jeep safari
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 15:50:10 PM »
The trouble is, other members may unknowingly recommend ones without good safety.

Offline Markatthepub

jeep safari
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 16:03:29 PM »
just a recommendation would not do, what readers should be looking for is someone saying the seatbelts were fine and the vehicle was driven at a reasonable speed

Offline suzi Q

jeep safari
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 18:37:57 PM »
we went on a safari year before last,can't remember the company but it was booked through a privite villa rental company and when we turned up we discovered that our driver was a fellow villa renter. six of us in an extended suzuki jeep. we tried to explain that we thought we were going to be driven by a turkish driver but they couldn't quite understand what we was trying to convey. well the driver(villa renter) tried very hard to keep up with the other jeeps driven by experienced turkish drivers. I must admitted he did a grand job but I was still very nervous especially when he said that he hadn't driven a jeep before.seat belts? couldn't find em!

Offline Emma

jeep safari
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 18:38:04 PM »
Hi,
The Karacay jeep safari had working seat belts and was driven well!  Even my in laws enjoyed it and my mother in law is a very nervous passenger.  Its a larger jeep and you get rows of seats, you can see it opposite Mangal restaurant.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
jeep safari
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 19:34:11 PM »
My lads on day 1 - first day in Turkey - not sure if they were going to like it!

Then on Jeep Safari - day 7 - it's not bad here

Ian :D

Offline Pattimac

jeep safari
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »
Hi Ian
Is that the river Oren in the background. Looks great fun

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
jeep safari
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 15:11:29 PM »
Hi Pat - honest answer is I am not sure.

They went with Metroyla - booked it in Hisaronou - with Sulleyman

I treated them and we packed them off!

After a few days of listening to how they were going to "kop off" with all the best looking birds in Fethiye I was glad to pay the NEGOTIATED £12 each and have a day to ourselves!

They said they had a great day - so it worked out well for all of us!!!

Ian :D

Offline siemli

jeep safari
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 19:20:17 PM »
Hi,
It has to be Express for us, we have been with them about 5 times.
they will let you drive or you can arrange a small jeep to yourself if you dont want to go in a big one.
Fantastic day.

Offline Markatthepub

jeep safari
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 08:10:04 AM »
Karacay or Express seem the best so far. Where do the jeeps actually go - are there several destinations then?

Offline Latymer

jeep safari
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 19:35:03 PM »
Hi Markatthepub,

We did our trip last year we stopped at Tlos, Yakapark (Trout farm),my daughter jumped into ice cold water for 8mins just for a glass of lemonade, carpet factory(did not like the idea of women doing most of the hard work - you don't have to buy though!), saklikent including lunch then mud bath drove passed Xanthos because they were behind schedule, then patara beach and back.  We stopped at a filling station to recharge/refresh - jeeps washed back to apartment about 6pm - 7pm ish.  All in all its fun - take comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting wet, you will also need it to walk through the ice cold water - great fun - you get soaked by kids/adults by the way side & drivers drive you under roadside pipes - take water pistol fill it with water and soak others - buy some sweets to give to kids(Note you don't have to if it's not your style).
I hope the above helps.  Ensure you enjoy every bit of it - most of all have fun.  thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf