Author Topic: jeep safari  (Read 7782 times)

Offline Markatthepub

jeep safari
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 07:49:42 AM »
thanks Latymer, it does sound fun. We're over in August so may give it a try then

Offline heatherhanum

jeep safari
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »
Metrolya are a good company for jeep safari and Tarkan the driver is very good at his job the office is based in Oludeniz

Offline glennat

jeep safari
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 12:27:14 PM »
Slightly off topic, but.....

The only jeep safari I have been on was when I was 21yrs old.  The jeeps pulled up and the owner (and driver of jeep-1) came over to apologise for being late.  He said that one of his drivers was ill.  He looked at me (I was only 20 at the time) and asked "you drive, eh?".  I had only passed my test 4 months earlier......"Yes" I said.

What a day!

Fantastic - I may have "oficially" learned to drive on the quiet back roads of Kent, but I learned to drive "properly" up and down the mountain roads of Portugal.
It got even more fun after lunch, as the owner thought it a great laugh to ensure I consumed plenty of alcohol!

Mind you...the 12 passengers in my jeep (including my wife) had their reservations!!

Glen

Offline Markatthepub

jeep safari
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 12:56:20 PM »
that's one of your nine lives gone Glen!

Offline glennat

jeep safari
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 13:42:33 PM »
I'd recommend it to any new driver.
Not a parking ticket, penalty point nor insurance claim against me during the next 18 years.

(smashed up 2 motorbikes mind, but that doesn't count!)

Glen

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
jeep safari
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 15:30:49 PM »
:DWe hired our own 8 seater jeep and had a boss day, even though the back seat went on fire, one of our funniest days in Calis.  ;)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
jeep safari
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 16:48:03 PM »
Be careful when on a Jeep Safari.
One of the idiot drivers nearly ran us off the road yesterday, if we hadn`t taken evasive action, the 10 plss taking idiots in the back would be spending the rest of their holiday in hospital.
If I see the prat again, he won`t be driving for at least 5 years, if ever again.

Crabbit

Offline dougie

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 16:35:13 PM »
Have never had so much. Went looking clean tidy and 'touristy'. Came back looking like a dirty drown rat. Absolutely brill. Do take water guns, the bigger more powerful the better! Oh and don't forget a bag of sweets to throw to the local kids standing at the roadside. They look angelic but beware, some have hose pipes and abssolutely love soaking you and then munching your toffees. Little horrors - great stuff though.
Have a great time

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
jeep safari
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2007, 19:04:00 PM »
One to definitely avoid.......Focus Tours in Hisaronu.  My daughter booked to go with them and was shown a photo of the big multi seater jeep and pick up was to be made at the otogar in Fethiye.  They failed to show and after 20 minutes they phoned Hisaronu to be told "oh it's coming"  When? "Oh soon" Exactly when?  "oh about 5 minutes" 15 minutes later a jeep seating about 8 turned up completely full and the driver told them (2 people) to squeeze in somewhere which would have meant standing between the seats. My daughter refused and the driver rang his office who basically said the same thing. My daughter again refused saying there had been too many accidents involving bad safety practice. So they were reluctantly told they could have another trip or a refund but they would have to get the dolmus to Hisaronu to collect it and the full jeep drove off! Can you imagine standing up in an open top jeep with nothing to hold on to going over the top to Hisaronu. That is seriously UNSAFE.  If you are concerned about safety aspects with any company do NOT go:-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf