Author Topic: DI tolmus to Katranchi Beach  (Read 2680 times)

Offline busybee

DI tolmus to Katranchi Beach
« on: July 08, 2007, 19:57:47 PM »
Does anyone know where to catch the dolmus to Katranchi Beach. I thought you could catch it on the Gunlukbashi road. Waited over an hour but no sign of dolmus going there.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 20:05:46 PM »
When I have been to Katranci I have seen the dolmus with Gocek sign, I guess you have to ask in the season for it to take you to Katranci.
the dolmus in the season for the blue bays of Karagozler  just have Tasyaka and kargozler.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 21:59:19 PM »
I have been told you can catch it from the terminus in Calis if you are up that end.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 22:22:19 PM »
Yes Busy Bee, the one from the terminus in Calis is signed Cargi/Ciflik/Yanniklar & Katranchi. In May from Gunlukbasi I got one signed for Yanniklar and asked the driver to take me to Katranchi and he kindly obliged. To return the people at the Katranchi bar telephoned and a dolmus arrived in 10 mins. Try that in the UK, "ring and ride" or what.
Ken  8)
p.s. It is more than well worth the effort. Both Yanniklar and Gunluklu are beautiful.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 22:27:45 PM by kenkay »

Offline glennat

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 09:46:14 AM »
You can pick the Yaniklar Dolmus up from Gunlukbashi as you said.  Do be careful though.  There are two Yniklar Dolmus's.  One goes down to the beach front in Yaniklar itself (10mins walk from Starfish) whilst the other goes past and onto Katranchi Beach.

Not sure why you didn't see one.

Glen

Offline busybee

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »
Thanks for all your replies - most helpful.  Think will go to bus station next time to catch it with destination written down!!  Determined to get there as everyone has said its well worth it.

Offline teresa321

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »
The bus stops on the corner where the cafe is at the main dolmus stop in Fethiye. I got it the other day (going somewhere else) but I did notice that it actually went off the Gunlukbasi road and down towards Calis where it came out at one of the roads (I think it may have been the Sunday Market road) and then turned right and went up past Violet Residences and re-joined the main road at the roundabout past all the Gunlukbasi shops where all the plaster garden stuff is.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 19:58:09 PM »
You will probably find that the Dolmus is cutting out quite a lot of Gunlukbasi road due to sewerage works it rejoins at the top of Calis beach road the one that leads to the bridge not sure of the name
Ron

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf