Author Topic: Ridiculous - 5 restaurants closed for 'hassling'  (Read 13085 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Ridiculous - 5 restaurants closed for 'hassling'
« on: July 10, 2007, 17:12:48 PM »
I am told that Han, Serkul 1 & Bambu have been closed for 'hassling' tourists. Another two also, don't know who they are.

If the likes of 'Ian Rush' talking to you is something you consider to be hassle, stay away from Altinkum [:o]

All three restaurants have guys outside doing a job, and doing it rather charmingly - I don't think I have ever been hassled in Calis - well not since Uzi moved on from Er-Oz  ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 17:19:00 PM »
OMG , What next,how long have they been closed for, and who is Rushy going to bore to death now, PMSL, if Uzzy was one of them.(well not really) but surprised if he's not.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 17:22:09 PM »
LOL he was probably the first :D

Funny how he doesn't hassle now he is at his own restaurant.

Rushy normally bores me to death asking for a bad review (from over a year ago) to be removed from CBF. He's harmless, as most of them are - it's a real shame because their banter is part of Calis.

Offline fbc funpub

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 17:22:53 PM »
They r closed for 5 days.Its ridiculous.

Offline mavisim

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 17:24:42 PM »
I have never seen the scale of hassling in this areaa compared to other resorts like Altinkum. People wouldn't stand for it here.

Besides, if there was "significant" hassling going on in Calis, I am sure we would have had a major thread on here by now.

I am completely baffled just how these restaurants are supposed to make a living.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 17:29:51 PM »
I wonder if they consider a bit of banter whilst walking past as Hassle, hope not.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 17:37:37 PM »
I recall one restaurant, completely empty one night, with the front guy sitting resigned wth his feet up. A couple walked past, had a quick glance and carried on. What can you do to get them in? Not much perhaps.

The guy looked up at them, and said "You think my restaurant is rubbish, because there are no customers here". The couple immediately showed their British courtesy and assured him that they didn't think anything of the sort, and that they were further sure that is was a wonderful restaurant, just having an unlucky night. Within a minute he had called their bluff and they talked themselves into eating there without really knowing it.

When they sat down another couple decided to come in and soon it was quite busy.

That isn't hassle, that is class  :)

Offline starman

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 18:06:00 PM »
Reminds me of the grand bazaar. I took a client in there once and every store was hassling in every language under the sun, walked past one and the guy sat down just looked at him and said "so would you like to buy something you dont need?"...my client went in and spent a fortune on bucket & spade crap.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 18:21:14 PM »
I recall a jeweller in Gran Canaria who would greet women who dared to glimpse at his window with a cheery "Hello ladies, how are you tomorrow?".

After a week it was beginning to annoy me, but to each 'customer' it was most funny and once again, mission accomplished.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 19:09:48 PM »
My daughter and her friend arrived yesterday and the 1st meal was to be a at Serkul 1.  I hope it wasn't closed then.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf