Author Topic: Will Fethiye/Calis weather hit 50 next week?  (Read 4808 times)

Offline Kazzyber

Will Fethiye/Calis weather hit 50 next week?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 16:11:53 PM »
Don't want to know anymore about how hot is is in Calis. We were there in June when the heatwave was on and since we have come back the weather here has been awful.  As we live in Berkshire we were then subjected yesterday to the whole area having 2 months worth of rain in the first 2 hours the rain fell. I can honestly say I have never experienced rainfall like it, it was like the heaviest shower you have ever seen before that just didn't stop.  Roads were flooded everywhere and they even closed the M4 as it flooded.  So please don't depress me by telling me how beautiful it is over there as I am depressed enough.  Roll on October maybe the sun will shine!!!!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 16:36:07 PM »
We have to make the most of it, cos September and October i believe is when we get the floods here, 2 years ago in Sept. Musti emptied their pool by about a foot, and it rained for about 6 hours, when it stopped the water was up to the dance floor. Alan

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 21:43:50 PM »
Alan did you get help from the chemist for your swollen feet??

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
 :) I had a lovely long shower this morning, I'm sure I used more water than usual... :-\ Oh well, never mind, we have....

Plenty of Water here...:P:D ;)  

PS: Hope you guys aren't suffering too much, in all that heat :D ;)

Offline sominekebap

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 11:45:11 AM »
It seems noticeably hotter today. But it will be ok as the boss is having air-con installed inside the restaurant ;-)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 11:48:54 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by sominekebap

It seems noticeably hotter today. But it will be ok as the boss is having air-con installed inside the restaurant ;-)

Are you also providing 'Shower Facilities' for those unfortunate enough to be without water at home [?]

Offline sominekebap

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 12:02:14 PM »
We have access to well water at the restaurant with electric pump. The water is pumped electrically from 50m down into the ground. If the water shortages get that bad, we will be glad to help out forum residents who need to collect some water. I wouldn't promote drinking it but it would be fine for washing etc.

We are taking the threats of more power cuts seriously and this friday we are having a commercial generator installed.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »
Hi Heather07, thanks for asking, but no, i didn't bother, i just keep them out of the sun at the mo, the right leg has gone down, but the skin on the left one is just tight,so i just put a cream called double base on, it's for dry or chapped skin. Alan, p.s. Cef, still got water, but run out of efes, so it's vodka and orange for a while, and maybe southern comfort and coke, lol. Alan

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 13:35:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by number2

Hi Heather07, thanks for asking, but no, i didn't bother, i just keep them out of the sun at the mo, the right leg has gone down, but the skin on the left one is just tight,so i just put a cream called double base on, it's for dry or chapped skin. Alan, p.s. Cef, still got water, but run out of efes, so it's vodka and orange for a while, and maybe southern comfort and coke, lol. Alan

That is good.  Look after yourself and don't let it go on to long without getting it checked.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 13:55:47 PM »
LOL Alan, easy on the coke there... ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf