Author Topic: New Year things to do?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline skipking

New Year things to do?
« on: July 22, 2007, 13:01:38 PM »
There are 15 of us coming out on 29th December until the 5th of January for a week.
Could somebody tell me where will be open and any suggestions for places to visit as we have hired cars. We have beeen out loads of times in the summer but never in the winter, so not sure what to expect?
Also which bars and restaurants will be open? We do have new years eve sorted but not the rest of the week? Any help would be much appreciated as 6 of the group are teenagers!!!

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
New Year things to do?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 19:12:30 PM »
I'm seriously thinking of doing the same this year too. Look forward to seeing what people have to say. I know that Christmas day will be spent at Uncle Al's shooting cans.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
New Year things to do?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 20:08:25 PM »
Not been out to Turkey at New Year, prefer to celebrate in Spain but we have freinds who have and have had a great time.

I think there are a few of the restaurants open along the front eg. The Orient, The Nils and the Anna, I'm sure they're bound to be more. I'm sure there will be residents of surrounding areas who will have knowledge on this if you are wanting to drive in the hire cars.

Offline maureen

New Year things to do?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:06:01 AM »
I would recommend it, we were in Calis last new year and will be again in 2007 - a great way to see in the new year.  

Calis has a different atmosphere in winter. It is much more relaxed and peaceful, many places are closed but still enough open for new year's eve parties.

The weather can be chilly especially at night, some days had clear sunny blue skies, and were warm enough to sit outside for breakfast, also just right for enjoying the scenery without being roasted.  But when it rains, it rains!!

(flights are quite cheap too with Aegean)

Maureen

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
New Year things to do?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 13:26:45 PM »
 :)We drove there from Side a couple of years ago, we were sittinf in the Harem on the front having a coffee, it was December 1st and it was a lovely day, I think with a bit of imagination, there will be lots to do, like water rafting etc, because the rivers will be a bit higher that time of year,Enjoy.  ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
New Year things to do?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 13:56:32 PM »

last year we went to the orient and had a great time and on new years day sat in the garden getting a tan
there are restaurants open scunner usually puts up a list nearer the time

Offline skipking

New Year things to do?
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 14:33:03 PM »
Thanks for the info we have new years eve booked at the nil bar which organise a party, but the rest of the week am trying to organise things as there are so many of us!
We had a great price of £86 per person from Birmingham which is slightly out of the way for us [north Wales] but at that price we dont mind
have heard there is a bowling alley in calis now has anybody been?

Offline sannyrut

New Year things to do?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 15:31:46 PM »
I'm going to be a Victor Meldrew.New Year outwith Scotland lol.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
New Year things to do?
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 18:37:53 PM »
 :oA bowling alley, where? I only know of a bowling green. ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New Year things to do?
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 19:01:48 PM »
next door to Somine Kebab

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf