Author Topic: Beer and a Steak  (Read 3251 times)

Offline chrisw

Beer and a Steak
« on: July 22, 2007, 17:39:28 PM »
Have seen a few discussions around how expensive everything is getting........so how much for a large effes in the Bus Stop this year and a steak in Bella Mamas.....

Offline mavisim

Beer and a Steak
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 17:46:40 PM »
That's not exactly representative of the whole of Calis if you are looking for price benchmarks chris? Besides, I have seen some very underhand tactics before whereby "enticement" is used by way of doorway adverts like cheap beer then you end up paying extra for essentials like soft drinks for the kids and side portions accompanying a meal. Swings and roundabouts in some cases.

Offline chrisw

Beer and a Steak
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 18:12:11 PM »
point I was trying to make was last year beer in bus stop, Joseph's, B52 around 3tl or just over a quid.......steak in bella mamas around 21tl........last night in plymouth beer £2.80 Steak £17.50......unless its gone up a hell of a lot it still represents good value.

Regards Chris

Offline mavisim

Beer and a Steak
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 18:19:52 PM »
ok. Understand :-)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Beer and a Steak
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 20:51:39 PM »
Friday lunchtime, had lunch with a friend, wonderful olde world British Pub, have eaten there many times  :)

Great Rump Steak, Salad & Chips, non alcoholic bevvy for me (I was driving: :)) alchol pop type drink for my friend, total £10.50  :) 8)

:-\ sorry my mistake, price was really £11.25 :D ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:19:56 AM by cef »

Offline sunnyd

Beer and a Steak
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 08:16:31 AM »
generally speaking a large efes is between 2.50YTL and 3YTL. Was in Bella mamas last week and the steaks are the same prices around 21YTL.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 09:39:10 AM by sunnyd »

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Beer and a Steak
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 13:32:06 PM »
 :)I think the steak prices have stayed the same in Bella Mamas as last year, and the beer prices vary,much of a muchness I think. ;)

Offline chrisw

Beer and a Steak
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 17:12:42 PM »
there you go then .....marvelous value....... try and find somewhere else you can sit on the sea front in the evening, in wonderful balmy conditions, drink a large beer for just over a pound and have a great meal for £7 - £10 or a simple meal for less than a fiver, watch the world go by............etc etc

Chris

( out for 3 weeks next week ....cant wait! )

Offline Kazzyber

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 18:12:13 PM »
Chris

I think it is very good value in Calis. I think the problem on here is that we all live in different parts of the UK (obviously apart from Calis residents) and there is a huge divide across the UK in pub/restaurant prices.  I unfortunately live in an area where to eat out is expensive so in comparison everythin in Calis seems very cheap but I know its a lot cheaper to eat out where my friend lives in the North East for example  So what seems cheap to me may be expensive to others if you get my drift.

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
Beer and a Steak
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 18:31:16 PM »
Good point Kaz, when we lived in London eating in Calis was cheap and probably still would be, but now we live here we consider eating in Calis very expensive as we know where to get real Turkish food for a fraction of the price.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf