Author Topic: some advise please  (Read 4963 times)

Offline rachel

some advise please
« on: July 27, 2007, 19:28:18 PM »
I am flying out with my fiance and 6 week old baby, Emre, so Emre can meet his proud grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc for the first time lol. I have looked at the threads and see that SMA gold cap is unavailable in fethiye therefore i will carry it myself on the plane, does anybody know if it is ok to take them as hand luggage with thomas cook or whether i would need to pack them in the suitcase? also does anybody know where i can get a good steam steriliser and roughly how much they are? and finally what water is best to boil for his bottles, as im not sure which ones have higher mineral content that would be bad for him to have??? thankyou, Rachel

Offline Tonya

some advise please
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 19:32:25 PM »
You could always take sterilising tablets with you if you cant get a steam steriliser out there.

Offline mavisim

some advise please
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 19:56:09 PM »
SMA Gold is available in Fethiye. It's a tad more expensive and it comes in a somewhat smaller tin but Blue & Gold is available.

Steam sterilizers are expensive over here - bring one from Argos in hand luggage or just use a kettle to boil the water.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 19:57:42 PM by mavisim »

Offline lisa marie xx

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 06:29:22 AM »
if ur already using sma gold from england then i wudnt advise u to use the sma gold from ere,appartently is made different-i was told this from the chemist wen i was enquiring. All tins av to be put in ur suitcase even the ones that may already be open,the airport took 2 tins off me wen i came bk to calis from england,also if u make bottles up before the flight they get u to taste the bottles at security.if u want to avoid this they sell ready made sma gold at boots in the airport.

Its up to u about which water to use! if ur moving out ere to live then id use just the normal tap water, they av to get use to it.i use normal water with my son and hes fine (obviously ud boil it before giving it) If your just coming for a holiday id use bottled water and then boil it.

Cant help with the steraliser as i just use a cold water steraliser from boots and add tablets! they are expensive over ere to buy!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
some advise please
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 09:08:28 AM »
over "ere"?

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
some advise please
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 11:48:12 AM »
scunner.
ur/ ere /wen /av /ud  foreign language or Turkish Cockney.

Lance :D

quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

over "ere"?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 11:49:44 AM by lance »

Offline chrisw

some advise please
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 16:40:00 PM »
Captain Jack Sparrow said...where's your buccaneer's ...we said beneath your buckin hat....... :)

Offline duffy2

some advise please
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 17:54:37 PM »
Lisa Marie,

Keep your "fone text " language for the mobile telephone.

Here and on any other British English speaking forum, correct English is the norm and not the exception as you have demonstrated with use of the "txt" crap!!!

If you can't be bothered to speak English "like wot we do" (that is a joke in itself taken from,Morecombe and Wise).

Use the correct vernacular, if you know what that means??

Duffy [:(!][:(!][:(!]

Rachel,

I do not mean to denegrate your very valid enquiry, it is just a personal thing. A once famous British wartime leader said " There are certain standards below which we will not allow oursleves to slip, we are British and our language will speak for us all" (He usually smoked a big cigar).

Duffy2

:) :)

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
some advise please
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 18:01:57 PM »
DO NOT use the Tap water here for babies, I have done many posts on this subject, you will be exposing your baby to possible kidney problems.
The water is very high in minerals and boiling or filtration will not remove them.
This warning was given by our Turkish baby doctor who told us of babies as young as two with gall stones through drinking tap water.
Look for bottled water with the babysafe sign on the label, Turkuas is one that springs to mind available from most supermarkets.
You will find most people here even Turks have their drinking water delivered in 19 litre containers for very good reason, renal problems are very common here.
The water is perfectly safe to drink short term (not for baby though) but for long term buy bottled.
The effects of the minerals are accumulative over a period of time, one day your child might not be fine, dont take that risk.
ok guv :)

Offline mavisim

some advise please
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 18:02:49 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by duffy2

Lisa Marie,

Keep your "fone text " language for the mobile telephone.

Here and on any other British English speaking forum, correct English is the norm and not the exception as you have demonstrated with use of the "txt" crap!!!

If you can't be bothered to speak English "like wot we do" (that is a joke in itself taken from,Morecombe and Wise).

Use the correct vernacular, if you know what that means??

Duffy [:(!][:(!][:(!]

Rachel,

I do not mean to denegrate your very valid enquiry, it is just a personal thing. A once famous British wartime leader said " There are certain standards below which we will not allow oursleves to slip, we are British and our language will speak for us all" (He usually smoked a big cigar).

Duffy2

:) :)

One Crabbit is enough on CBF  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf