Author Topic: some advise please  (Read 4962 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
some advise please
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 17:40:31 PM »
 :)Alan had you just come in when you made that last post, ;)

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
some advise please
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 17:54:11 PM »
In answer to a few questions,
cold water sterilising tablets will not clear the minerals,
boiling will not get rid of the minerals,
more and more Turks are drinking bottled water,
It is a regional problem, look around at the high number of renal clinics in this area,
Efes is not brewed in this area so is perfectly safe to drink.
As adults you are quite entitled to play Russian Roulette with your health.
If you have children then for the sake of a few lira you can save them from a lot of possible pain.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
some advise please
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2007, 17:56:23 PM »
 :)I think thats why they have a dialisis unit in Calis, its a big problem there. ;)

Offline Kazzyber

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »
Hi Rachel

If you have access to a microwave the best way to sterilise is to use the microwave bags (John Lewis) sell them.  You just pop bottles in with a small amount of water and microwave could not be simpler I used them for my little on last year and could not recommend them enough - just so easy and not time consuming.  In respect of water I asked my Health Visitor for the latest recommendations would advise this as they have the latest information.  As regards to SMA I took the sachets on the plane and just aked the air hostess for water to make the bottle etc.  Put tins of SMA in suitcase.  If you need any other advise please ask I hope this helped.

Offline sannyrut

some advise please
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 10:12:08 AM »
I would not recommend the use of tap water in Turkiye for anyone to drink.As for sterilisation of babies bottles,we always used Aventis to sterilise the bottles in the microwave.Good luck and enjoy your trip.I'm sure everything will be alright :)

Offline sunnyd

some advise please
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 10:26:39 AM »
you shouldn't give the tap water un boiled or boiled to babies and indeed children too many health risks. Bottled water is readily available.

Offline rachel

some advise please
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 13:58:11 PM »
Thankyou for all of you who replied to my questions! i am gunna take steam sterilizer as its the tommee tippee and its not round like others so should fit easily. i have spoken to thomas cook n they said its ok to carry sma as hand luggage, lucky because each tin is 900g and im taking 8!! i will use turkuas as it was recommended. was gunna buy microwave one, my mum has microwave but inlaws dont!! is it easy to get sheets for cot an moses basket in fethiye? or shall i just bring my own? where can you buy the SMA gold there? just incase of emergency... Thankyou
Rachel

Offline mavisim

some advise please
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2007, 15:01:09 PM »
You can find SMA in many of the chemists in the centre of Fethiye. Worth noting they do not sell in supermarkets. Fixed price as in UK but more expensive here for a smaller size tin. Blue & Gold is available. Chemists operate a rotation system here where one is open till late, it might be better if you find yourself getting low on powder to buy during the day as the late night chemist may not stock SMA.

If you find yourself in trouble when you are over here, just get on the forum and theres bound to be someone who can advise.

Sheets & moses basket easily sourced also mosquito cover no problem.

Good quality wet wipes are very expensive here.

Calpol is cheap (goes well with vodka) not for the baby of course ;)

Don't worry you are in safe hands on this forum. Lots of good people who know the area really well.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 15:05:29 PM by mavisim »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf