Author Topic: sunset  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
sunset
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:)Thanks for the info,I have been looking through the Argos and it just becomes a blur after you have read up on just 2 of them,I have a better idea now, and if I can be a pest again, do you know off the top of your head which one is straight forward for developing. ;)

Laffa - developing ??. With my one (as with most diggie cameras) you take out the memory card, pop it into a card reader, attach the card reader to your pc and copy them onto your PC. Card Reader in Tescos about 15 quid. (that's Scottish money - don't know the current exchange rate)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
sunset
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »
 :)Oh right, that straight forward then  :oCant you just go to boots or something, ;)

Offline tel

sunset
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 11:44:59 AM »
Yes, can do the above....but If you take your memory card to Jessops they or yourself, just pop it into one of their freestanding machines and hey presto...select pics you want and out they come.  They also do an overnight service.  Most people have card readers built in their computers and just print those that they really want a copy of, or again go to a developer place.
If you get a camera with blue tooth capability and your computer is also equiped with blue tooth technology, you can just send the pics to your computer wire free.  Hewlett Packard and maybe Kodak do cameras that come with some printing station, if you want to look into that....if my memory serves me correct.
PS I use a Nikon...in case you were wondering...LOL

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
sunset
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »
 :)Thanks alot Tel, I was nearly going to resort to an instamatic, its all rocket science to me, and I am so impatient, dont think this pc is geared up for all of that, so your suggestion makes more sense, I have to learn how to use it before Friday,so cheers again. ;)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
sunset
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 16:32:04 PM »
You can always download Picasa for free, so you don't need a a card reader. Do all your editing on there. Print the pics yourself or download to a disc and then take it to one of the photoshops for processing.

Offline mavisim

sunset
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 17:06:11 PM »
Strange weather tonight? You can see from the skies.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
sunset
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 19:26:58 PM »
Laffa - if you haven't bought yet the new Fujifilm one is £ 129.97 in Tesco. That's claimed to be a £ 70.00 saving, not that I took any notice of that :)

Four days and counting - fingers crossed here.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 20:13:14 PM by Highlander »

Offline slartibartfast

sunset
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2007, 23:20:40 PM »
This is a well known and very good camera review site  http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

Either look at the "best buys".  I's suggest looking at one of the "Entry Level" ones if you are looking for simple and not too pricey.  For instance Canon Powershot A460 should be less than £100.

My personal advice would be go for one with a viewfinder (not just a LCD screen), go for a large LCD screen,  ignore any claims of "digital zoom" but look for a 3x or upwards optical zoom, look for one which takes AA batteries rather than special batteries (use high capacity NiMh rechargables but you can always stick in ordinary alkaline if you need to).     It is usually worth going for a "recommended" camera as these should be easy to use,  have a good lens and "handle" well.  (cameras with a big shutter delay, slow focusing or long save times etc. can be a pain)

Good luck :-)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 00:15:46 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
sunset
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 06:46:20 AM »
The first digital we had was a Kodak and I have to say it took great pictures.  It fell down on the design.  The place where the batteries go had a very flimsy catch and about a year after we got it it gave up.
We were left with a camera that could not be used because of a catch, I was told it would require a new casing.
I took my Mum-in-law out to get one last week and the first one we were shown was a kodak.  I advised her against it on the grounds that they had not fixed the problem.  (Shop assistant giving me the daggers didn't put me off.)  
She ended up with a Pentax with a rechargable battery.  (Shop assistant seemed happier after that sale.)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
sunset
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2007, 12:01:48 PM »
Hi there I've had Kodak 3 years now no problem up to now the easy share model you can print your own if you want or use picasa to down load onto p.c.soooo easy its also got zoom,have down loaded over 800 to p.c.all very good pics .

Lance :D 8)

quote:
Originally posted by heather07

The first digital we had was a Kodak and I have to say it took great pictures.  It fell down on the design.  The place where the batteries go had a very flimsy catch and about a year after we got it it gave up.
We were left with a camera that could not be used because of a catch, I was told it would require a new casing.
I took my Mum-in-law out to get one last week and the first one we were shown was a kodak.  I advised her against it on the grounds that they had not fixed the problem.  (Shop assistant giving me the daggers didn't put me off.)  
She ended up with a Pentax with a rechargable battery.  (Shop assistant seemed happier after that sale.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf