Author Topic: Wedding celebrations  (Read 2054 times)

Offline GarynDen

Wedding celebrations
« on: July 28, 2007, 19:15:00 PM »
Wonder if anyone can help me here.

My daughter is getting married next year here in England.  Not being one to want to break tradition (whenever we go out to celebrate any special occasion we have to take the tribe with us - I had my 50th this year with 42 of my lot with me)- she is taking half the family (and friends)with her when she goes over to Turkey for her honeymoon.  Well - we will allow the newlyweds 2-3 days on their own before we all descend on them.  They are wanting to celebrate their wedding over there  and to have a 'second wedding run' with all of our Turkish friends when we are out there.  

I was wondering is it possible to have a wedding blessing (turkish style) when they are over there. Any responses would be welcome

Den

Offline mavisim

Wedding celebrations
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 19:21:48 PM »
Anything is possible in Turkey Gary. Just the planning is essential.

Offline GarynDen

Wedding celebrations
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 20:03:06 PM »
Planning is not a problem 'organised' is my middle name.  I just wondered if it was possible to have a blessing of the marriage, before we start the celebrations/wedding party, even though they have already been married in England.

I will ask our friends when we are over there in September what they suggest.

Thanks for you rreply.

Denny

Offline SEVIYORUM

Wedding celebrations
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 00:03:18 AM »
Ask you're friends to be sure, usually you have a blessing in Turkiye before you get married

Rach x

Offline maria

• Alfreton, UK
Wedding celebrations
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 15:17:27 PM »
Friends of ours had a blessing on what used to be Bobs beach with an english lay preacher it was alovely service.He finished off with a beautiful indian love poem. My daughter got married in the ghost village had her reception there also, celebrated with 250 family and friends fantastic day! and night
maria x

Offline GarynDen

Wedding celebrations
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 19:52:41 PM »
Our friends have apartments in Hisaronu - on the Caya road.  Will check with them regarding the situation for a Turkish blessing.  We used to go to Bobs beach lovely place - we now go to Billys - he has made a couple of changes this year we noted.  There again dont think there is a bad spot anywehere around there.

Thanks for your reply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf