Author Topic: Food Help  (Read 1873 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Food Help
« on: July 31, 2007, 14:05:37 PM »
Hi can anyone tell me what ottaman lamb is also what is the name of the big flat breads they give before your meal thanks.

Lance [^]

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Food Help
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 14:17:59 PM »
 :)The ottoaman lamb I was referring to was slices of lamb on sauteed potatoes with veg etc, in La Terrace, but if you look at the menus in La Terrace and Harem, there is a list of Ottoman dishes, which are usually all done in the oven, like the lamb shank for example, They are delicious and are quite big, so make sure you are hungry,I only call the bread pitta bread,
I have only mentioned the above restaurants because I have only had the Ottoman dishes in them, not to advertise, Enjoy your meal. ;)

Offline Linda

Food Help
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:22:36 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by lance

Hi can anyone tell me what ottaman lamb is also what is the name of the big flat breads they give before your meal thanks.

Lance [^]

Can anyone tell me what the seeds are that are on the big puffy flat breads - is it sesame?

Offline neesie1171

Food Help
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:16:47 AM »
In the recipe that I use to make the flat bread, it is black cumin seeds that you use on the top!

Hope this helps

Offline sunnyd

Food Help
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:11:11 AM »
the bread from the oven is called lavas (lavash)some use sesame seeds some use the black cumin seeds too. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf