Author Topic: Ciftlik Info  (Read 4523 times)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Ciftlik Info
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 18:17:44 PM »
The best way to learn Turkish Sniffy is by getting stuck in and by the sounds of it you are going to have to. Sometimes I wished that my place was a little more off the beaten track and by that i mean not having the luxery of English speaking Turks everywhere we go. Good Luck Sir. Oh and why Ciftlik by the way?

Offline Sniffy

Ciftlik Info
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 20:42:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

No, the local shops are Alaskan.

Hey how lucky is that - My Alaskan is pretty damn good :0)

Offline Sniffy

Ciftlik Info
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 21:01:57 PM »
Apologies for the back to back post (that's if no one posts while i'm typing) I should have put it all in one but I was keen to ping scunner on the back of the head, metaphorically speaking of course.
Thanks for all the info - I've copy n pasted it for future ref, including the milk carton pix :0).

Stoop its a nicholas on the conifer site. As a 1st timer abroad seems safe bet. I travelled from Alanya up and was smitten by the local scenery (that was even before I'd seen all your pics lol) I look forward to the e-amil info.
Steve - I picked Ciftlik as it has the appeal of a foreign place far from the madding crowd, the peace and quiet (and the extra room) swung it 4 me. Oh and also cos it's quite Turkishly Alaskan (apparently)
Any other information v much appreciated for my copy n paste reference guide

Debs

Offline teresa321

Ciftlik Info
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 07:09:50 AM »
They do fresh milk as well and they do stock the milk in the picture - got some this week.  Another fact is that the market shop at the other end of town (Ruya) is where your mail will go and you have to sort through the sacks to find it. It is run by a very nice man who will direct you to the table where you can sit and sort through.

Probably not necessary at the moment, but an interesting fact.

Offline Kazzyber

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 14:04:02 PM »
It was the fresh milk I was talking about, it was always coming the next day!  This apart the supermarket stocked most other items and was much closer that others to Telmessos where my friend has her villa.

Offline Eric

Ciftlik Info
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 14:20:50 PM »
Milk?  Find a local farmer where you can buy fresh milk off them.  About 1 1/2 lira for 2 litres.  You will have to pasturise it yourself - bring it to the boil, let it boil for about 10 minutes then simmer for 30 minutes.  Let it cool and then bottle it and put it in the fridge (you can scrape the cream off the top when its cooled) Should then last about 7 days in the fridge.

We live in Uzumlu and found a local with some cows and get milk off them frequently.

Good luck.

Eric and Fi

Offline Sniffy

Ciftlik Info
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 14:21:40 PM »
Thanks Teresa
Interesting facts welcome! On that note (but still on thread..)does anyone know the population size of Ciftlik..? Also - how long it takes to walk to the nearest bit of beach... (I know this will depend on which bit of Ciftlik you're in - an average will do)
Do many people cycle, outwith heatwave season of course? (I'm thinking of getting the teenagers bikes, realise they will sulk for scooters but I can try)..

Yes I know I dont look old enough to have teenagers - oh I forgot you lot hav not seen me :0) lol

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Ciftlik Info
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 15:03:43 PM »
You can get to the nearest beach in about 20 - 25 mins, we cycle all the time to and from Ciftlik
Ron

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
Ciftlik Info
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 17:10:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by mavisim

Originally posted by Kazzyber

It's available in green and white cartons or platic bottles.  ;)

My god, I'm getting excited about looking at these pictures of Turkish Milk in advance of my holiday in three weeks time!  Do I need help ?  ;)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Ciftlik Info
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 18:34:43 PM »
 :) Jukebox, you certainly do need help.... :o

Don't worry, help is on it's way.... :) 3 weeks, not long to go now  :) 8)

You Lucky person... :):D ;) Have a fab time  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf