Author Topic: police crackdown on under 16s in bars/  (Read 8004 times)

Offline kismetbar

police crackdown on under 16s in bars/
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »
There isn't any such law in place here. I agree though that kids today look alot older.
Going back to Loz's point about serving drunks, we never serve a drink to someone who comes in drunk. If they get drunk whilst here, then we have an obligation to ensure that they leave safely. More often than not, that means shoving them into a taxi.
The worst place for under-age drinking is by far Hisaronu. One night, after doing a show at the Ata Bar, we went for a nightcap at another bar. There were three girls dancing on the bar, skimpily dressed and no knickers!! They were being ogled by men and boys alike. At three in the morning remember!! They were obviously drunk. We got talking to them and it turned out that two were fourteen, one was fifteen. Asking them where their parents were, they said "oh, they're p#s**d across the road. What can you say?? I got a clout when I was seventeen for having a beer - and rightly so!
Should us bar owners be punished for other peoples irresponsibility when we are trying our best??
Back to Gordy's original posting, it does seem that Shamrock's is not on the police's christmas card list. This goes back way before it was the Shamrock. They should at least give them a chance.

Offline Thecluesum2sum

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 13:08:14 PM »
I have just been told that there is a 14 year old English girl helping out behind the bar in B52 my daughter had her serve her last night and was very shocked! Maybe the police should be made aware of this?

Offline teresa321

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 13:14:02 PM »
I am sure they can find 8 spare police officers to deal with her.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2007, 13:43:55 PM »
 :)I agree with that, I know its different on holiday but everything in moderation, I have seen under fives with their parents, grandparents, totally off their heads, it looks horrible, and its not clever,WEe saw a similar incident in June, and the adults were arguing, and the kids were crying, not a nice sight.[^]

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2007, 14:04:55 PM »
Was the Shamrock Bar the only premises visited in Calis that night? Has there been problems in Calis involving young people under the influence of alcohol? Was a specific complaint made to the Police about this particular bar?.
I personally have seen children under 16 years of age drinking alcohol in Calis bars/restaurants/streets/beach with or without adult supervision.
The use of 8 personnel for the visit may seem a bit heavy but possibly they were a dedicated squad,sharing a single vehicle,checking up on places where problems involving alcohol have developed throughout the Fethiye area?
If Calis does not want these officers can Lanarkshire have them please?

Offline hoops man

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »
i arrived in shamrock shorly after this happened and some people were clearly shocked at the heavy tactics.i was told that they were then going to check the bars on the prom.Does anyone know if they did for certain?i think families will allow their kids in bars when on holiday and not in uk.its very different.When bar owners are designing bars these days they have children in mind this is why we have pool tables and boys dancing half naked on bars.This is to bring in the families.The parents can enjoy themselves knowing the kids are in the same bar enjoying themselves.Rightly or wrongly .Calis needs the kids in the bars otherwise the parents wont be there and everyone suffers.Just a different way on looking at it.The kids in the shamrock were around 14-16 and not drinking alcohol.

Ron

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 14:49:25 PM »
[^]Sounds a bit ominous though , has anyone heard yet if any of the other bars wers approached,if the kids were'nt drinking what was the problem. ;)

Offline davewalsh

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 21:16:03 PM »
Regarding teens dancing knickerless at the Ata Bar, this would have taken place with full collusion of the bar staff and management. The teens should have had their heads stamped with black ink to stop them getting any more alcohol for ther rest of the holiday and the bar shut down for a fortnight for allowing it.

Offline SEVIYORUM

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 21:37:34 PM »
Thats terrible Dave!
Obviously you get young teens that look alot older than they actually are AND i am all for people having fun on holiday, why shouldn't they!? But not to the extent where they get so drunk that they are putting themselves or other people in danger.
I work in a bar and we are so strict on ID and refusual of service when somebody is obviously drunk - By this i mean to the point where they struggle to remain standing!
In bars in Turkiye, the staff seem to find it amusing when girls/lads get immortal drunk and are making fools out of themselves. I was in a bar in June and it came to the end of the night, around 4am. There was a girl who couldn't have been older than 18 and she was sat on the floor being sick all over herself and she couldn't move. I asked my friend who worked there what she had been drinking and he told me she'd been drinking everything, all night. I myself was tipsy, but this girl couldn't even stand. The staff wouldn't go near her and it got to the pitch where I was propping her up, giving her a drink of water AND cleaning the sick off her! Then the lads just got the hosepipe out! There does not seem to be a point where they stop serving somebody for being off their faces, and that's worrying. Especially when half of these people are underage anyway

Rant over
Sevi

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 21:53:18 PM »
Not a rant at all Sevi, and Dave I feel exactly the same as you. We have seen it many times over the years, I have seen a 13 year old off her face, and her father frantic with worry because she told him she was going somewhere else, and could'nt believe my eyes when the father was berated for taking her out of the bar, luckily enough he would not let her leave his side for the rest of the holiday,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf