Author Topic: The Onur Air Time Machine  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The Onur Air Time Machine
« on: August 16, 2007, 10:11:41 AM »
Travelling to the UK from Dalaman with Onur Air means collecting your tickets at the airport.

Not at the check in desk (in our case Check in no2, to the far left), at "Yabanci Service" (to the far right, as far as possible from Check in desk 2).

A woman sits and is surprised you came. You explain you need to pick up tickets, and she seems completely taken aback, like you are the first person to ask her such a thing.

Eventually, we get there. Tickets are fed through a printer and handed over.

All the way back to check in desk 2. As we wait (again) I read the tickets. Todays flight, correct. The other flight (coming back)? Last tuesday.

We can fly out of Dalaman with no problem, but we must return a week before we leave.

I explain it is impossible and where is the bit that says we can get on our real return flight. Problem yok, no problem, it is ok, but no, it isn't! I have no evidence to prove that we have a flight back to Dalaman at all.

Back to Yabanci Services. The woman appears to vaguely remember me. I explain the whole thing again. "No problem, for you to leave on the flight today I need to put a date for showing your outbound flight on tickets, so I put 7th August, it is no problem what date I write, just a date".

"But THIS is our outbound flight..."

So, 4 new tickets are required. The printer is off limits, four tickets are written, freehand, at a rate of one word per hour  ;)

Thank God for McDonalds, where a Big Mac Meal is stunning value at 21 YTL.

Offline mavisim

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
I did have a chuckle :-) Have a good time

Offline noebar

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 14:50:54 PM »
Seeing Scunners post about collecting tickets at Dalaman It made me wonder if it is easy.We have the outbound tickets from Gatwick,but a ref No for the return from Dalaman to Gatwick,Booked here in uk with Thomascook,Has anyone else had this problem?  
Barry

Offline saoirse

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 14:58:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

Travelling to the UK from Dalaman with Onur Air means collecting your tickets at the airport.

Not at the check in desk (in our case Check in no2, to the far left), at "Yabanci Service" (to the far right, as far as possible from Check in desk 2).

A woman sits and is surprised you came. You explain you need to pick up tickets, and she seems completely taken aback, like you are the first person to ask her such a thing.

Eventually, we get there. Tickets are fed through a printer and handed over.

All the way back to check in desk 2. As we wait (again) I read the tickets. Todays flight, correct. The other flight (coming back)? Last tuesday.

We can fly out of Dalaman with no problem, but we must return a week before we leave.

I explain it is impossible and where is the bit that says we can get on our real return flight. Problem yok, no problem, it is ok, but no, it isn't! I have no evidence to prove that we have a flight back to Dalaman at all.

Back to Yabanci Services. The woman appears to vaguely remember me. I explain the whole thing again. "No problem, for you to leave on the flight today I need to put a date for showing your outbound flight on tickets, so I put 7th August, it is no problem what date I write, just a date".

"But THIS is our outbound flight..."

So, 4 new tickets are required. The printer is off limits, four tickets are written, freehand, at a rate of one word per hour  ;)

Thank God for McDonalds, where a Big Mac Meal is stunning value at 21 YTL.

Excellent stuff! Both funny and scarey

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 16:09:47 PM »
 :)Thats Turkish common sense for you. ;)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 19:18:46 PM »
Noebar

Thomas Cook were working with etickets, therefore, you don't need anything other thn the print of your confirmation (in theory, just the ref no is sufficient, but I've never wanted to risk it!)

Offline Kazzyber

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 19:28:33 PM »
Shouldn't laugh but it was funny.  I had fun with GB Airways at Dalaman they couldn't get the printer to print the ticket off for the buggy.  I waited and waited and kept saying can't you use another printer ie the one on the next checkin but no they just kept jabbering on in Turkish and saying it will be ok to me.  After 45mins they finally realised what I had suggested in the first 2 minutes might be a good idea so printed it off on the printer on the other checkin!!  Oh the joys of air travel!!

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 08:33:31 AM »
I just went to the check in desk on Wed with my printed confirmation & they booked us in. The lady from 'Yabanci' was actually at the front of checkin & I asked her do I need to pick up tickets she said 'I can hand write them for you or you can just check in with confirmation no' which seemed the best option to me.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf