Author Topic: BroadBand in Calis  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
BroadBand in Calis
« on: April 12, 2019, 15:34:51 PM »
Hello Guys & Gurls,

As you can see by my postings count, i am relatively new the this great form. My Wife and I own an Apartment in Calis near the Bowls club. Into our 3rd year of ownership and starting to do some BIG refurbishments in prep for us spending more time out here come the much deserved retirement from the work slog here in England.

However owning my own business in England (IT Company), i have to stay pretty connected on the 4 or 5 occasions per year i come over to the Apartment, and would like very much better internet connection than what i currently have. I have a 'WISP' service from Aydem (Wireless signal sent from Fethiye). Download is 5Mb, upload is (A Laugh, but this is NOT essential as the download speed for me). The drop outs at peak time are horrible and often the connection will drop altogether. PITA for working, and RPITA for my wife's televisual pleasures  ;).

Can anyone point me onto a better solution please, not involving having a telephone line installed as i believe big hoops have to be jumped through to have one of these. Currently only on visitors visa's so no residency if this makes a difference to any answers back.

Thank you for your advice, and lovin this site! Trying to positively contribute wherever i can.

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: BroadBand in Calis
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 04:32:33 AM »
Sky fibre net..big mosque in fethiye where dolmus stops, top of road to left, just over road between curtain and carpet shop. It's on 1st floor, so look up for sign!! Ahmed is really helpful.

Offline Wasp0

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 14:31:51 PM »
Sky fibre net..big mosque in fethiye where dolmus stops, top of road to left, just over road between curtain and carpet shop. It's on 1st floor, so look up for sign!! Ahmed is really helpful.

Huge thanks for taking the time to answer my question Much Appreciated.

What will this give me download speed? How much per month? Is it a dish on the roof ?

Again, I thank you!

Offline Wasp0

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 16:40:08 PM »
Answered my Own Questions, found them on Google (https://www.skyfibernet.com/contacts/. Will be calling in to them next week to enquire to see if we can have their service.

Thank you

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 19:34:49 PM »
Sorry wasn't around. Yes it's a brilliant service, They do all different packages..they will sort out whatever one you need. Say Hi to Ahmet from me.

Offline steve the bike

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 16:41:20 PM »
we went to aydem by the bp garage and shopping centre, did not need a residency, phone line broadband and FREE calls to landlines in UK now only 90tl per month and you can suspendit when not there but at that cost we just let it run.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 08:53:31 AM »
Found getting a cable installed was very easy and no "big hoops" at all. Locate the nearest Telephone connection/distribution box. It is a must to get a native Turkish speaker who knows about internet /connections and PTT.
Have a connection box fitted to the outside of your apartment and cable with Cat six to a distribution point?repeater/modem thingy in your house and then get the PTT in to connect to that. You will need to screw a BIG hook or "D" ring above your outside box as the cable/wire that supports the internet cable has to be fixed to this by the PTT.
Since connecting several years ago we get normally 13 Megs download, often running three computers at a time and have had very few problems. We also have a home phone connected and are on a 200 gbts a month contract
Cost, depending on the amount of phone calls, around 140 TL month (Including line rental) Calls to UK etc are very cheap on land line.

Offline janemicky

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 10:45:52 AM »
we went to aydem by the bp garage and shopping centre, did not need a residency, phone line broadband and FREE calls to landlines in UK now only 90tl per month and you can suspendit when not there but at that cost we just let it run.

Offline janemicky

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 10:53:28 AM »
Just wondered if you can run a Fire Stick with the broadband you have had installed. And how long did you have to wait for installation. Thankyou.

Offline steve the bike

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 11:03:06 AM »
we have not used a fire stick but have been watching uk tv via a chromebook on the larger tv no problem. Can not remember how long to get connected but think it was less than two weeks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf