Author Topic: Soul Train 2019 Pledges and Promises  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Soul Train 2019 Pledges and Promises
« on: July 15, 2019, 19:36:49 PM »
This has been copied from Karen Okka on facebook.

"Exciting that Soul Train 2019 is arriving at the station on the 5th September its going to be a fabulous night.

Of course in addition to all the fun the main reason is to raise as much money as we can for our two charities this year Yasim Icin Yaris (Race for Life Turkey, raising money for children with cancer) and H.A.N.D.S.under - the umbrella of Animal Care Uzumlu (providing neutering for animals in Fethiye and surrounding areas).

I am helping again to put together Hampers for auction. If you or any family and friends coming out before the event, could bring something to include in the hampers that would be fab...,..as before there will be 2 UK food favourite mega hampers and if you came to Soul Train last year you will know just how ‘mega’ they are.

So anything like tea bags, coffee, digestive biscuits, corned beef, gravy granules, tins of ham, Colman's mustard, salad cream, stuffing mix etc will be gratefully received. There will also be chocolate/sweet hampers... if there is room for a little something in your bag it will be going to help very worthy causes.

Drop off points are at the following locations. Please mark/label clearly that your donation is for Soul Train, or if its not possible to drop off please message me and I will arrange collection.

Calis – Café Soul or 3C’s shop
Fethiye – The Mulberry Tree or FIG shop
Ovacik – Animal Aid Shop
Uzumlu – The ACU Pop Up Shop (Fridays)

As before there will be a Silent Auction and it would be wonderful to receive donations of wines and spirits for this too.

Thank you so much."

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Soul Train 2019 Pledges and Promises
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 20:02:53 PM »
Just a gentle reminder to ask if you could find space in your case for anything like tea bags, coffee, digestive biscuits, corned beef, gravy granules, tins of ham, Colman's mustard, salad cream, stuffing mix etc will be gratefully received. There will also be chocolate/sweet hampers... if there is room for a little something in your bag it will be going to help very worthy causes.

Donations of wines and spirits for the silent auction would also be gratefully received.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 20:17:01 PM by Highlander »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 04:26:03 AM »
We will bring something towards the hampers and leave at one of the Calis drop off points.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »
Many thanks Karennina    ;)

Offline LindseyMitchell

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:50:39 AM »
Duly noted;  I shall drop some things off at Cafe Soul.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »
Thanks Lindsey - that's very kind    :)

Offline TIGER

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 06:18:50 AM »
I will bring a really nice mix of different sweets.. good luck with all you do, these venues make such a difference.
Kind regards Deborah

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 10:40:42 AM »
That's fantastic tiger - thank you.   :)

I know that the organisers are still looking for items for the hampers.

And it's for such a good cause so if you could find space in your case for anything like tea bags, coffee, digestive biscuits, corned beef, gravy granules, tins of ham, Colman's mustard, salad cream, stuffing mix etc. that would be splendid. Or perhaps you could donate a bottle of spirits.   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 19:21:55 PM »
Cash Donations:

I am conscious that many Britains including Forum Members like to holiday in Calis in September and would have loved to attended this event and/or would have brought over some of the goodies mentioned or provide a bottle of spirits for the raffle.

Since the event is early in September that clearly is not possible for some.

However members who want to support this very worthwhile charity event can do so by making a cash donation through my paypal account (or by other means if you don't use paypal).

If you wish to contribute please pm me on here and I will give you my paypal details.

Any amount you can afford will be gratefully received and go towards helping kids who are dealing with cancer or needy animals.

Many thanks.

Offline busybee

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2019, 07:47:23 AM »
We are coming on the 12th August, for a much needed holiday and cant wait.  Moi, daughter Stacey and grandson Macauley. Travelling light with just hand luggage but will bring something for the above. Will be too hot for choc, last time my 6 bars of cadbury's for my friends all got stuck together in one lump!!! which I ate lol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf