Author Topic: ATM Withdrawal  (Read 6286 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: ATM Withdrawal
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 07:58:35 AM »
I know what you mean Keith re not associating Turkey with using credit cards ( only at airport for the duty free lol)
I have to say especially with the whole poxy Covid situ I’m now preferring using my Starling card in shops just a quick swipe and your done, but it’s a different ball game paying in bars and restaurants were sort of sticking to cash for that still ...

Offline cally

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 08:25:34 AM »
Most bars,restaurants and shops around Calis will accept Revolut card and with a current exchange rate of 9.84 it’s a great way to pay, you can also add it to Google pay on your phone for contactless payment.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 09:35:36 AM »
They'll accept any Visa or Mastercard.

Offline cally

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 13:51:11 PM »
Revolut is a pre payment debit card that you can transfer funds from your uk account on your phone to almost any currency and the exchange rate at the time of your exchange is the rate it will remain at.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 14:28:29 PM »
Yes, I know. I have one. And a Starling and Monzo card. All very useful.

Offline cally

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 14:55:38 PM »
Just trying to offer some friendly advice to some people that may not be quite as knowledgeable as your good self sir

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 07:59:01 AM »
Yesterday I thought I’d try wivdrawing tl from Akbank one more time and reading the screen without the sun glare on it to see if there was a way of not incurring a charge, sadly there is not...
The message is at the top of screen like before giving option to convert to euro but the previous message which asked if you approved the transaction and bizarrely you had to select no then you’d get your dosh! This has defo gone and way down near the bottom is a message saying you will be charged 5.99% for the transaction, so I didn’t bother...
Ironically there is now a nice new Akbank Atm along the prom down from EY’s and one on the corner at dolphinless roundabout down from the Eczane    ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
If you want to support local businesses then cash whether lira, GBP, Euros or US $ is the name of the game. Extortionate charges for businesses for every credit card transaction which I am afraid will eventually end up reflected in the prices of your meals, drinks, trips and shopping.

You may decide to give Turkey a miss of course but the first timers that I have met (a lot) that would normally have been holidaying in Spain, France or elsewhere in Europe are totally blown away by their experience in Çalış. They love the cleanliness, the friendliness, the quality and the affordability. So many have already booked to return again...

Offline Fran

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 13:00:17 PM »
Hi Nichola
Do you get charged if we use a TransferWise/etc prepayment debit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 23:26:50 PM »
Yes, all cards unfortunately...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf