Author Topic: Living in Turkey?  (Read 2596 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« on: November 15, 2005, 08:29:14 AM »
In an idle moment I ran through a list of members to see how many were showing a profile of a Turkey base (Sad I know[xx(])
Total 173... of course some will have not updated since moving here.
Useless bit of imformation perhaps but whilst going through the lists it was noticeable that there was a large number who had never posted or maybe only posted once up to a couple of years ago so is the strength of Forum membership (2100plus) not as great as is indicated.
Perhaps it should be considered that members renew on an annual basis. Not much hassle for each active member but maybe a problem for the administration[?]

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 10:21:32 AM »
Wow -- that many living in Turkey - that's over 10% of the 'active' members and will soon be pushing 10% of the total membership.

I'm not sure we should ask people to renew on an annual basis. What you have to remember is that some only join so that they can view the threads. Maybe they will post at a later date - maybe not. However I don't see a problem with that at all. I am a member of a number of forums which I only visit occasionally. Some I have yet to post on but I still visit for information purposes.

The strength of this forum is the number of people that DO post and share information with others.

Stoop

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 15:34:32 PM »
tribalelder i found that very interesting you do not realise how many really live the good life in turkey

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 17:11:42 PM »
It must be a winter past time for Brits the thread started by Kanga back in June asked the same question and 6 months prior to this I did the same counting members.  Sad I know, but interesting to see that the numbers have jumped from 85 to 173  ok I dont think i counted couples as 2, I just counted as one household.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}5391

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 18:19:07 PM »
There is no facility to request re-registering yearly, so that one is impossible anyway.

As a little guide, visitors IP numbers (their unique connection/modem details) can give an indication of their location - if they are on geographical IP's: co.uk and .com.tr are geographical, .com & .net aren't etc.)...

Anyway, in October 2005 there were 5 times more UK visitors than ones from Turkey to this website. A year earlier, there were 6 times more UK than from Turkey - so a swing to the Turkey me thinks.

Scunner
Institute of Mildly Scientific Studies

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 07:04:58 AM »
Guessed that might be the case.  On the basis of the increase in numbers perhaps we could make a declaration of independence soon!
How do you fancy being President Scunner[?] May be abolish tax on Efes etc:D
Someone else can count in six months time.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »
I think that would be a poor idea. I don't drink Efes.

Scunner

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Living in Turkey?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 16:06:10 PM »
OK I concede abolish tax on your fave tipple but Efes as well....What about the presidency though[?]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf