Author Topic: The BIG One!!!!  (Read 12570 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
The BIG One!!!!
« on: June 24, 2017, 15:42:57 PM »
Please support us if you can......

Offline CleopatrasAsp

Re: The BIG One!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 15:21:33 PM »
BEACH/ FOAM PARTY If you haven't had chance to get your tickets don't miss out, still a few seats available - you can pay on the door.  Don't miss out on our party of the season.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
An absolute ''belter'' of a night. Took some organizing but everything was superb, and I think everyone who attended enjoyed themselves immensely.  We raised the fantastic total of 4005 TL thanks to the generosity of our supporters and it will be of enormous help to Animal Aid in their on-going and seemingly endless task of improving the lot and relieving the suffering of our street animals.
Grateful thanks to CBF'rs who managed to attend.  Hope you'll be around for next year's big party, it's not one to be missed.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 00:27:52 AM »
Thanks to Marina and Yabanci for the likes, but disappointed at the apathy from members here.....4005 lira was a great achievement.   Our volunteers work very hard and deserve some appreciation and encouragement for their efforts.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »
I agree that was a fantastic amount to raise. Unfortunately, because we usually visit early or late in the season we usually miss the big charity fundraisers. Some of them sound to be very good events.

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 18:10:31 PM »
Congratulations to AA for raising 4005TL for the animals from this event. This is an amazing amount given that tourist numbers are down and the ex pat community is decreasing. With all due respect CleopatrasAsp all of the charities work exceedingly hard to raise money for their good causes in what are now difficult times and you should be very pleased and grateful with such a good result. It should not be necessary for any of the charities to receive praise and recognition for there efforts, they should just be very happy in the knowledge of what they have managed to achieve and how they are abe to help and make a diffetence to the lives of animals/children. CBF and it's members have always been great supporters of ALL of the charities and I do feel that your comment about apathy is out of order and not the way to win support for a deserving cause.

Offline sadler

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 18:46:31 PM »
Very well done fo all the volunteers who work so hard on behalf of all the street animals. What an amazing amount to raise from one function. Thank you to all who diligently look after the animals whether feeding daily at the pods, looking after sick or injured animals or in any other way.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 19:53:44 PM »
Thanks to Marina and Yabanci for the likes, but disappointed at the apathy from members here.....4005 lira was a great achievement.   Our volunteers work very hard and deserve some appreciation and encouragement for their efforts.

Firstly, 4005 l is a great achievement.

But a couple of points if I may.

1. scunner provides a platform for the various charities but it has never been a condition of membership that people donate to one charity or another and.

2. I seem to recall that not so long ago AA didn't post on here for a very long time so much so that the section was in danger of being deleted.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The BIG One!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 21:08:02 PM »
Thanks to Marina and Yabanci for the likes, but disappointed at the apathy from members here

What a repulsive post.

We have supported AA from day 1, yet you attack what you decide is apathy from our members.   

As Highlander says, even if that were true, (and you have no idea how many CBF members support you, or attend events because they saw it on here), any apathy would never come close to the levels of apathy of AA members who ignored their freely given section on CBF, even when they were posting on facebook that they were desperate to find a temporary home for an injured dog or similar - couldn't even be @rsed to spend a minute to copy and paste it onto here. Yet you accuse us of apathy?

I think you have just alienated thousands of people who come here, well done. I'd give AA f-all because of the attitude of people like you.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:22:40 AM by Scunner »

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 23:30:25 PM »
It's a forum, I'm entitled to have an opinion, however repulsive it may be to some (over-egging it somewhat Scunner)  Is it so wrong for me to vent my frustration at the lack of positive response to what what was a truly wonderful event generating much needed funds for Animal Aid? Pi55y is right, volunteers are not in it for personal recognition or slaps on the back, and Animal Aid volunteers are no different.  They do it because they care.
However, when they've worked their collective butts off organizing an event, having spent their day feeding hungry street animals, ferrying them to vets for neutering or treatment, trying to find homes or foster-care for the more vulnerable animals, or just responding to a call about a cat or dog in distress  (and often getting abuse when they cannot help) what effort does it take to type ''well done''. It's not about adulation or congratulation, but those two words alone help when it's tough-going.
I'm not ''hands-on'' - too old, too arthritic, and no transport. but I will continue to bang the gong for Animal Aid and post up-coming events in the hope that CBF'rs can attend.
What I do ask is if you consider my comments abhorrent, repulsive, whatever, they were made because I care very much about this charity.......do not penalize them because you think I am at fault.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf