Author Topic: On Thursday I Retire  (Read 9185 times)

Offline teresa321

On Thursday I Retire
« on: August 27, 2006, 12:44:34 PM »
A bit strange really but I am retiring on Thursday and it will be 4 weeks to the day that we move to Calis.

I am a bit scared at the moment at the prospect of being jobless for the first time since leaving school but I am also excited at the prospect of starting our new life abroad.

It is slowly creeping up but very slowly and piece by piece everything is coming together.

People are telling me I will miss work and a couple of years ago I might have agreed but now I don't think I will.  I have said a couple of goodbyes and last week a few of us had a pub lunch and I got a few bon voyage cards which brought it home a bit more.

Although I have 4 weeks to go I would like to thank this forum for giving us the courage to actually go for it. There were not many members and even fewer estate agents in Calis at the time we bought and the information we gained and the support was fantastic.

So from Friday I can get up when I want and not leave the house at 6am.  I will not have to drive over an hour each to work to a place where a decision takes 6 months and goes through so many management levels that no-one can remember what it was they wanted or they have decided it is now out of date and they don't need it.

4 weeks to sort out all the odds and ends and get rid of house contents and we are al raring to go.  Thanks for the e-mails and I will be seeing some of you soon.  I am more concerned about the technical side of setting up in Turkey than anything else.  Mobiles and e-mails will do me in.[xx(]

Teresa X

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 12:48:06 PM »
Good Luck Teresa.  Have a great retirement and enjoy.  Most retired people I know, don't know how they found the time to go to work, so sounds like you'll be very busy!

Offline Dippey

On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 13:02:31 PM »
Good luck and congratulations Teresa, we haven't regreted the move and enjoying every moment of it.

I remember D Day very well, the only problem I was having was leaving some very special friends and family. But we still keep in touch and they have already popped over for a "cheap holiday".:D

Dippz

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 13:16:12 PM »
Enjoy your retirement Teresa, im sure you will love life even more over here, and as everyone says, we really dont know how we found time to work.
Must admit the baby keeps us on our toes though.
Good luck

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 13:31:44 PM »
Good luck Teresa.
You've made the right decision. Enjoy your retirement you've worked hard to earn it.
You and Mick have a great future ahead of you.
Anne

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 13:31:52 PM »
Good luck Teresa! I'm sure that you will love every minute of your retirement and your new life in Calis! People keep saying to me that I will miss work when I finish - but its usually people who have a long way to go before they can leave so perhaps its a bit of the green eyed monster. ;)Just think about those sun filled days sitting on your roof terrace! Hope the move goes smoothly,we will be in Calis at the time of your move so hope to see you then.

Val x
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 13:32:41 PM by valentine »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 13:31:57 PM »
I retired 2 years ago, at the ripe old age of 51, and moved out here. I haven't regretted it at all. (Despite several visits from the Jandarma and a court appearance on Boxing Day 2005. But, mustn't go Off Topic! LOL)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 14:14:27 PM »
Good luck Trese ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
On Thursday I Retire
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 14:24:11 PM »
teresa all the very best and good luck in your new venture

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK