Author Topic: Nervous or what?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline George Warner

Nervous or what?
« on: June 06, 2007, 22:43:20 PM »
Getting very close to the final move.So come on all you"been there done it got the tee shirt" knowledgeable folk.What have we forgotten to do?:DStill don't know how to keep our old TVR over there

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nervous or what?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 22:59:15 PM »
I'll look after it for you!

Offline teresa321

Nervous or what?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:32:46 AM »
If I knew what it was then I might want one as well

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nervous or what?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:33:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by George Warner

Still don't know how to keep our old TVR over there

In your case, being 64 years of age, it's fairly straightforward to keep your TVR in Turkey, if you really want...

The only downside is that you'll have to post a hefty bond with Turing and the car will be added to your passport - means it has to go into a customs pound each time you leave the country.

Here's a short extract from the Turing web site:

The required documents for obtaining "Alien Vehicles Temporary Entrance Carnet" from Turkey Touring and Automobile Association and conditions of temporary importing of vehicles as per the 130th and 131st articles of Customs Law numbered with 4458 are stated below:

III) Retired Foreigners :

a) Residence Permit (regulated due to retirement)
b) Document issued by the State Social Security Institution which shows that he/she was retired (certified from notary public, assembly or consulate, together with Turkish translation.)
c) Passport, driving license (together with its photocopies)
d) Ownership document (license, invoice) as the evidence of the vehicle belongs to him/her, if any vending, sales contract (together with photocopy of seller's license) from relating consulate.
e) Security according to engine capacity and year model of vehicle.
f) Application form to be completed and signed by owner of the vehicle.

Proof that you are eligible for U.K. state retirement pension is sufficient, I believe, to obtain a "retirement visa" (I'm not 100% though on the actual process you need to to follow).

JF

edit: Noticed on other thread yours are 72/73 vintage, in which case it's not too bad; only 3,000YTL bond with Turing.  And remember, you don't have to pay it to *them*, it can be 3,000YTL in a high interest account with your bank which they basically hold a charge over.

Here's a link to the relevant section of their website which I forgot to add: Turing
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:42:28 AM by JohnF »

Offline George Warner

Nervous or what?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 22:26:44 PM »
Sorry Stoop my son-in-law and daughter,would never forgive me.Teresa of course you would want one, if I can manage it I may even post  a photo for all the big kids[my wifes phrase] to drool over. JohnF what a wonderful guy, I think you may have just about made a not really old man very happy. On a more serious note still need to know what we have probably forgotten to do.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Nervous or what?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 22:42:58 PM »
No problem George.  What would be good though, is if you could maybe keep a note of the process you go through and in turn post it so others can benefit from any pitfalls or short cuts you come across.

JF

Offline wickwilly

Nervous or what?
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 19:05:02 PM »
Cancel the milk? :)

WW

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Nervous or what?
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 10:04:49 AM »
Pack the marmite  ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Nervous or what?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 18:46:37 PM »
I know how you feel George. We have 2 weeks to go now and panic is setting in a bit. After 8 months of planning the end is in sight. It is keeping us awake now wondering if we are forgetting something.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Nervous or what?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 19:08:59 PM »
Good luck George, as you may see from our posting above, we have made the major  decision to move out to Calis  and hope that you get settled in without too many problems.
Pete and Sue

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf