Author Topic: hi  (Read 4093 times)

Offline quackers

hi
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 06:49:25 AM »
We got a pension forcast before we left and found my husband had paid enough contributions so he will receive his full pension when he reaches 65. The pensions people are aware where we live and our Turkish address and will send forms to us to fill in when he becomes eligible. Maybe you can email your question to them and see what the answer is or phone them we found them very helpful.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
hi
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 08:30:04 AM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that it was 3+ months & you have to also prove that you're settled here by producing bills in your name etc. Carpete I don't think they can restrict you if you take the 6 months in seperate sections especially if you keep a home here. Our docs here insist on seeing you at least twice a year & won't give prescriptions for over 2 months at a time.

Jacx - you can pay NHS contributions but there is legislation in the pipeline that might mean that you only have to have 30yrs contributions - not the 44 or 49 years at present to get a full pension if you reach retirement age after 2010.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
hi
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 10:31:13 AM »
This is from the NHS + website. It seems you are deemed non resident if you are away for 3 months or more or do not have a permanent UK address:

Living abroad for more than three months

If you are no longer resident in the UK and are living abroad, the NHS normally won't pay for any treatment or services. This includes people who are in receipt of UK state retirement pensions.

No longer resident, means that you have left the country for more than three months or don't have a permanent address in the UK. Therefore, you will have to obtain healthcare cover in the country you are in, or get private medical insurance.

If you take a particular medicine, you should check that it is available in the country that you plan to live in. Your GP in the UK can only prescribe you medicine for up to a maximum of three months. If you are going to be away from the UK longer than this, you will need to register with a local doctor in the country you are moving to. Some medicines may have a different brand name in other countries.

Some people who live abroad may be eligible to receive free or reduced cost healthcare in other European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland. For example, if you are working for a UK employer, are in the armed forces or you are in education. To see if you are eligible, see the Department of Health website: Other circumstances affecting eligibility.

Read this:

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Policyandguidance/International/OverseasVisitors/Browsable/DH_074386
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 10:38:00 AM by stoop »

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
hi
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 17:48:42 PM »
Carpete if you are a UK state pensioner, there should'nt be a problem.
A UK state pensioner living more than 3 months of the year outside the UK in a non-EEA country is exempt from charges for NHS hospital treatment in England that is needed promptly for a condition that arose after their arrival in the UK. This applies whether you spend a few months each year living in a non-EEA country and the rest in the UK or whether you are living there permanently and only return to the UK for short visits. This exemption extends to your spouse, civil partner and children (under the age of 16, or 19 if in further education) as long as they are staying in the UK with you on a permanent basis for the period of your visit here.

Offline jacx

hi
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 20:59:41 PM »
Thanks Quackers and Lindacarl for you help. I at least now know where to start making enquiries. Cheers :) :)

Offline LISANN

hi
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »
if your english and payed tax for many years dont expect anything from the uk! but if your a criminal or just come in from a different country and never paid anything into the system then dont worry you will be looked after, but if english people move abroud for 3 month then they get nothing! how bad is this country getting???

lisax

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
hi
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »
we are going over to calis in april 2007,staying till october.we will be keeping a property over hare to come back to in winter,im 51 this year so i intend to work for a agency during winter months,so does this mean i will be able to use nhs when i return,thanx steve

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
hi
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 09:36:27 AM »
Hi Steve.......yes you'll be fully entitled, as you'll be working and paying NI contributions etc. This is how we plan to live in a couple of years time, spending 6 months of the summer in Turkey, then coming back and working the winter in UK

Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf