Author Topic: The Williams sisters  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
The Williams sisters
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 09:54:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mike A

"and the crowd finished up booing them off as the match was a farce."

Not quite what the reporter wrote, is it.
Its your interpretation of what the reporter wrote to support your preconceived notions about the Williams sisters,
one which I do not agree with. Agree to disagree we must.

I quoted word for word what was in the article.

I dont have preconceived notions Mike or make my own interpretation of anything,  I form an opinon based on what information I am provided with.  The facts are, that the sisters were booed of the court.Not my interpretation, fact.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:59:29 AM by Jukebox »

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
The Williams sisters
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 13:51:35 PM »
 "getting booed for allegedly not trying very hard."

If the quotes above are quoted verbatim from the article as you stated then the standard of  journalism in the Mail has reached an all time low. The only legitimate reason for reading The Mail is to reinforce  preconceived prejudices, it is the only thing it does well.
And you have the cheek to call me gullible. ;)

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
The Williams sisters
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 14:35:23 PM »
quote:

If the quotes above are quoted verbatim from the article as you stated then the standard of  journalism in the Mail has reached an all time low. The only legitimate reason for reading The Mail is to reinforce  preconceived prejudices, it is the only thing it does well.

I'm not reponsible for the standard of journalism and that is not what this thread is about. I dont buy the Mail to 'reinforce preconceived prejudices' ( whatever they may be, maybe you could explain what you mean)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
The Williams sisters
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 16:29:53 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

quote:

I'm not reponsible for the standard of journalism and that is not what this thread is about. I dont buy the Mail to 'reinforce preconceived prejudices' ( whatever they may be, maybe you could explain what you mean)

Thats a Relief 8)

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
The Williams sisters
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 19:01:05 PM »
Well here we go!!! It did cross my mind Jukebox re "who wins" however..as an avid fan I don't tink that is the case. I thought a great match but must admit I expected Miss S to win!!! As I am not a "sporty" person I don't really get how a match could be throwm?  Not that you suggested that JB. John, my husband, VERY competitive in all areas of sport said no way was it pre decided!!!

Hey ho another healthy debate.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
The Williams sisters
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 22:06:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by oscarj

Well here we go!!! It did cross my mind Jukebox re "who wins" however..as an avid fan I don't tink that is the case. I thought a great match but must admit I expected Miss S to win!!! As I am not a "sporty" person I don't really get how a match could be throwm?  Not that you suggested that JB. John, my husband, VERY competitive in all areas of sport said no way was it pre decided!!!

Hey ho another healthy debate.

Ju, I think it's been done to death now and must becoming very tedious for people to read, it's is for me .Lets have a face to face about this and not bore all the other members to death  ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 22:10:45 PM by Jukebox »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf