Author Topic: Residence permit holders health insurance  (Read 18213 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Residence permit holders health insurance
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2010, 07:39:31 AM »

Offline Julesp

Offline Blissy

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »
Ok, I'm really confused... what do the majority of people do for medical insurance for permanent living in Turkey?  BUPA is massively expensive!  Obviously we want to ensure that we are covered preferably with existing conditions ie high blood pressure.  It's a minefield trying to research this and my head hurts now. :(

Offline Julesp

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2010, 11:35:14 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Blissy

Ok, I'm really confused... what do the majority of people do for medical insurance for permanent living in Turkey?  BUPA is massively expensive!  Obviously we want to ensure that we are covered preferably with existing conditions ie high blood pressure.  It's a minefield trying to research this and my head hurts now. :(

Ive been living with fingers crossed that nothing too expensive will happen to me, upto now I have paid for treatment as needed and havent had any exorbitant bills yet.

Many people I know fly back and to to the Uk for NHS treatment, which besides being illegal for me to do I think its the last thing I would want if I was to become seriously ill.

Because of this I am currently looking into taking up the SSK, which though it seems expensive, especially as I am single so only covers myself,it is much cheaper and more comprehensive than private medical insurance and doesnt exclude pre existing conditions or take age into account, I think its very good value for couples and families.

Offline quackers

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2010, 13:28:05 PM »
We used our new Turkish Government Insurance today. First it is not called SSK. That is the insurance that your employer pays for you if you are working. For unemployed or retired ect it is SGK or known as BAGKUR. We get the same rate as the Turkish and for a consultation with the neurosurgeon at ESNAF it cost us 27TL. My husband is having a spinal operation to release his trapped sciatic nerve.He will be in hospital 1 day (overnight)and the cost will be approx 635TL.I think we would have paid 2500-4500TL approx based on the cost of the spinal op for a ruptured/slipped disc he had 18 months ago which cost 9.900TL without the BAGKUR.
Everytime you go to the hospital of your choice you need to take your NUFUS/Population number and your SGK/BAGKUR number with you and a form of identiification, Residency /Passport as they have your photo on it.We have these numbers on a card and had it laminated in Fethiye and keep it on us all the time with our phone numbers and tax numbers on the back. One thing we were toldat ESNAF was that if you don't pay your subscription 1 month and need hospital treatment you cannot use the SGK/BAGKUR you will revert back to private costs.They check everytime you go in as they link up with the government computers to make sure you have paid so no bucking the system. Hope this helps those who are considering joining this system.

Offline sheila dickinson

« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2011, 08:35:30 AM »
does any one know the difference between Bag kur & UHi i am beginning to feel rather confused over this health issue

Offline quackers

« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2011, 12:40:28 PM »
UHi is Universal Health Insurance looks like another name for Bagkur, same costs. I Googled it and read up.

Offline grizabella

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2011, 17:02:01 PM »
went to see about the Turkish Governments Health insurance for foreigners yesterday.Decided to let Carole and Tyfun take all the hassle out of applying for me.Was almost plain sailing till we got to the SGK offices near the otogar.There we were informed that the government had put a halt to this type of insurance for foreigners three days ago!They are going to issue a new form of this insurance in 3/4/9/11..........days!Dont know if the price will remain the same 187tl a month for a single person 250tl for a couple just have to wait and see.

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2011, 18:46:17 PM »
What is the latest on this? Still seems to be conflicting information being given out and it is very confusing. [?]

Offline quackers

« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2011, 05:47:17 AM »
Neylan in Uzumlu says they have bought out a new SGK and you can email her through this site for information as there are many options. I must admit I could find nothing on any of the Turkish Governemnt sites about new regulations/laws maybe she can throw a light on the subject.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf