Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 1843 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Olympics
« on: August 12, 2012, 10:01:38 AM »
What would be your highlight of the games or as there are so many would it be impossible to call ?

From the opening ceromony to tonights finale it has been amazing,as long as they dont wheel out Macca for Hey Jude   ;) According to the London Standard Ray Davies of the Kinks is due to sing Waterloo sunset so that would be a bonus.

Our highlights of many-  Jessica Ennis,  Sir Chris Hoy, and Mo Farah    :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Olympics
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 10:10:10 AM »
Can't disagree with your choices Geoff

I would add Laura Trott and Nicola Adams - so bubbly and infectious - with great stories  ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »
Hoi Badge I'd have thought that the highlight of the games would be the crowd singing 'We're forever blowing bubbles' at the first West Ham home game after they become the lodgers in Olympic Stadium next year  ;)

Offline patrice

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 11:29:59 AM »
Mo Farrah's face last night after winning the 5000 ...priceless

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »
Loved Mo, loved Jessica and Nichola Adams. Loved all the medal winners actually. But for me "the moment" was the two ladies (names escape me sorry) who won in the rowing, the ones where we lip read one of them saying "We've won the Olympics" or similar after they crossed the line. It was one of the first golds - possibly the first? - and I was lucky enough to watch it live. Very exciting.

Offline Christie

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »
For us, the lady rowers, Victoria Pendleton, Chris Hoy, Laura Trot, Nichola Adams & Andy Murray, stand out, but all the medal winners have done us proud.  There is a definite 'feel good factor' about at the moment and that makes such a change for us - given that all we get from our tv news is mostly depressing stuff.  What a shame the mens relay team always seem to muff it - other teams manage to transfer the baton why can't ours.  All in all a great Olympics.   

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 13:05:44 PM »
Hoi Badge I'd have thought that the highlight of the games would be the crowd singing 'We're forever blowing bubbles' at the first West Ham home game after they become the lodgers in Olympic Stadium next year  ;)

Oops forgot about bubbles  :-[ But I have inside imformation they will be playing Allardyce to the tune of Coldplays Paradise   8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf