Author Topic: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014  (Read 40569 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 08:59:46 AM »
Marggie - I was led to believe that your SGK was linked to your residency - so if (say you were under the new proposed changes 6 months out of the country or you decide not to renew) then it was cancelled by the authorities and you would lose your rights to SGK services and you would only pay up to that point.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »
Thanks for that Ian.  It is a minefield but hopefully there will be be changes made before implementation.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 11:06:36 AM »
I wonder if it is worth making this topic a sticky so all comments are kept together as I am sure there will developments over the next year. I will be interested to hear what the Consulate has to say George.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2013, 17:58:42 PM »
I wonder if it is worth making this topic a sticky so all comments are kept together as I am sure there will developments over the next year. I will be interested to hear what the Consulate has to say George.
'Making this topic a sticky'? please explain   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2013, 18:02:07 PM »
It means making the topic stick to the top of the list, i.e. not drop down behind newer topics - so it stays first in view.

Which by the way, I have done  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2013, 18:03:02 PM »
...although I do think perhaps it would be better as a sticky in the residency/visas section?

Offline daveG

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2013, 18:57:29 PM »
Thanks Keith, Either Section. I do feel that this is one of the most important issues of late and involves large numbers of tourists/potential buyers, landlords and ex-pat residents and of course is not just restricted to our region of Mugla.
Furthermore thanks Nichola for all your efforts. 

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2013, 15:45:50 PM »
I just want to add a clarification from Şule Beder (lawyer) re the interpretation of "interuption".

If you stay out of the Turkey more then 6 months in 1 year and total 1 year last 5 years, could mean interruption to your residency.

Also I would strongly advise everyone with an "issue" or question to contact the Consulate. Normally when a law is signed off by the President it becomes law virtually with immediate effect. The year between the law being signed and implemented probably means one thing... there is a consultation period and time to iron out potential anomalies. 

The more people that raise questions, issues, examples, etc. the more likely that these will be addressed before implementation.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Summary of the New Law - on Resident Permits w/e April 2014
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 15:59:42 PM »
As per usual, it throws up as many questions as it does answers. It seems that once my 5 year residency comes to an end ( which will be my first period of residence ) then I'm only allowed to apply for short term residency ( one year periods ) until I have been here for 8 years, after which I can apply for long term residency. The short term residents permits are subject to a condition that you must not spend more than a total of six months outside of Turkey within the year and the 90 in 180 is the. Only other option. So it does seem that many are between a rock and a hard place with this new law. I've again asked the consulate to comment but so far, no joy.

P.S. am I too old for military service !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf