Author Topic: koca calis advice please  (Read 7290 times)

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: koca calis advice please
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 18:26:06 PM »
We've bought in Ciftlik and we love it.  It is a bit further out though and, whilst there are lots of dolmus and a city bus in the summer, I'm not sure what you'd find in the winter so transport is probably essential there.  There's a fantastic pide place and somewhere you can buy ready cooked chickens that are delicious.  Melissa, the local supermarket, is great and surprisingly not really any more expensive than the larger supermarkets.  Market day is Thursday and happens opposite the Melissa.  PM me if you'd like me to email a few photos.  There's not a lot on the internet about Ciftlik to be honest.

I've heard great things about Koca Calis from the people that like it.  We thought it looked good but didn't find a villa we liked when we were looking.  If you're after a place that's quieter than Calis but doesn't necessitate owning a car then you might look at Gunlukbasi.  We'd have bought there probably if there had been anything available.  Really happy with Ciftlik though.

Good luck.

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 18:39:18 PM »
Well myself and my mate have two villas in koca calis been holiday homes for over ten years now and i can honestly say that we have never been flooded but i must agree there is some flooding in and around the area in the winter especially coldiz thats what ive always called the place barded wire fences and all.But having said that we all love the place peace and quite out of the rat race ,calis just down the road if you want a night out.Theres alot of good people in the area and we all tend to look out for one another,but i know that its not everyones cup of tea.Anyway nothing wrong with going out in a pair of wellies quite trendy these days.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 20:03:29 PM »
Thank you  I appreciate the feedback. So do you stay over the winter ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf