Author Topic: lemon 4  (Read 16100 times)

Offline angela

Re: lemon 4
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »
my only ever issue with Gunlukbasi is the occasional person (kids and adults) asking for money money money, but I'm sure it's not exclusive to there. I think it is a lovely area, and I would quite happily settle there.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
lemon 4
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »
We're near Calis Genpa and we get a lady around asking for money. Think it probably happens in a lot of areas .

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2013, 13:28:59 PM »
If certain "doom-bringers" are using the presence of so-called "gypsies" & beggars to define an area as being unfit/unsafe in which to live, surely Fethiye Town Centre must (wrongly), be judged as such!! I have lost count as to the amount of times I have encountered Turkish people sitting on the kerb with a, sadly deformed child in their lap, asking for money, in the centre of Fethiye !! Many "village" Turkish people may dress differently to the ones who are living in towns & cities, & give the appearance of being "rough", when they may not be, surely it is up to them how they dress/look, & if anyone takes the wrong signals from it, they are the ones with a problem, NOT the Turkish people.
By the way, Loz & I lived in Akarca, which is on the main road to Gunlukbasi, for 6 very happy years, NO British neighbours, No British bars/nightclubs, only the best, most helpful neighbours,(all Turkish), that we have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Learn to accept people, after all, it IS their country, not ours, if you cannot, go back to Britain, & live beside REAL gypsies !! You all know to whom I refer !!  8)

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2013, 14:07:32 PM »
Not Gunlukbasi,  we lived in 3 different properties in Tasyaka,all our neighbours were Turkish and we couldn't have been happier living there. They were the kindest most welcoming neighbours you could have wished for, some were professional people others with not a lot of money but their caring sharing attitude to life was wonderful. Because we have several pets we moved from apartment living to detached, Oh how I miss my lovely neighbours but we do keep in touch. I think showing a respect for their culture does help in harmonious living.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2013, 19:54:11 PM »
If certain "doom-bringers" are using the presence of so-called "gypsies" & beggars to define an area as being unfit/unsafe in which to live, surely Fethiye Town Centre must (wrongly), be judged as such!! I have lost count as to the amount of times I have encountered Turkish people sitting on the kerb with a, sadly deformed child in their lap, asking for money, in the centre of Fethiye !! Many "village" Turkish people may dress differently to the ones who are living in towns & cities, & give the appearance of being "rough", when they may not be, surely it is up to them how they dress/look, & if anyone takes the wrong signals from it, they are the ones with a problem, NOT the Turkish people.
By the way, Loz & I lived in Akarca, which is on the main road to Gunlukbasi, for 6 very happy years, NO British neighbours, No British bars/nightclubs, only the best, most helpful neighbours,(all Turkish), that we have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Learn to accept people, after all, it IS their country, not ours, if you cannot, go back to Britain, & live beside REAL gypsies !! You all know to whom I refer !!  8)

"Here  Here" !!  "Well said that man".    ;)  ;)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2013, 20:32:27 PM »
In the nine years we've had our place never once have we been approached for money by anyone in Gunlukbasi.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
lemon 4
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2013, 23:48:58 PM »
So the rumours are not totally unfounded then..peoples oppinion of
The area is based on what happened there previously..
Not a single person from outside this forum said  it would be
A good move..

Absolutely your loss I'm afraid - sadly too many 'locals', both Turkish and British have hidden agendas, many are staring at returning to the UK As funds dwindle and prices increase, and steering you away from any property and towards the agent who will pay them a wedge is all they are interested in. It's nothing to do with Lemon 4, it's their survival instinct. Trust me, I know how it works.

You will never find a Lemon 4 owner who doesn't love it, and you will be hard pushed to find a complex better run too. My only disappointment with Lemon 4 is that there are only 20, back in the day I could have sold 80.

Unlike the expat know it alls and rival agents who's opinions you have valued over those of our members (please do not take that as cutting, it is not meant to be, just a statement of fact) - I have no interest, financial or otherwise in Lemon 4 or anywhere else, I have interrupted my well earned break through pure disappointment that such inaccurate opinions have managed to put you off a place that really is as good as you first thought.

Now where's that Samir with my piña colada.

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2013, 00:38:31 AM »
Karaokemark we have a place by the Huzerevi also. We just love it there. We are opposite the tomato farm. They work so hard. So nice to see them building their little extensions over the years and building new green houses. Love how they bring the cows home from the canal every evening and often stop to let the sheep graze on the piece of land next to us. Then last year the three roaming turkeys. when we were there in June I looked up to see 2 camels walking by.  Makes us laugh so much! This is what makes it special. So there was a gypsy camp but not anymore! Had our place 9 years,and didn't know it was there. Never had any problem in Gunlukbasi When we have been shopping! Ovacik doesn't do it for me I am afraid but hope you will be happy there slikmrs  :)

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2013, 06:35:37 AM »
Thanks partygirl, cenk is taking us in September..we will
Know then if its what we are looking for.
Your post made me smile,never a dull moment'eh.
:-)  Bernie

Offline Menthol

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2013, 03:38:56 AM »
Wow! Only just read this topic.

And like slikmrs I'd also decided Ovacik was where I was concentrating my search from now on and then I read this topic and especially Partygirl's last post and now I just don't know anymore.......... it's so confusing......

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf