Author Topic: Embrace Knitters News  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Embrace Knitters News
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
I am pleased to be able to share that I have today sent £70 in the direction of Embrace, which was extremely kindly donated by CBF members to buy jumpers - and to buy wool for volunteers over in Turkey who have offered to turn wool into jumpers - to keep kids with not very much at all warm this winter. This will make quite a few something different this cold spell - warm.

This was great kindness, not least because Highlander was already running one of his competitions already (guess how many tins of beans there are in my cupboard or something).

I would love to name and credit the members who donated to help Embrace and the little kids. I have however found that when no permission was given, it is better not to and run the risk of looking a bit ungrateful, than to name them and embarrass them if they wanted to remain anonymous :D

Please PM me if you are happy to be thanked in public, you do deserve to be  :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Re: Embrace Knitters News
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
Nice one. Well done to those kind people

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 17:33:49 PM »
Well said as it was extremely kind of them .Today we were also given six pairs of warm fleece trousers for the older children and these were kindly donated from two of the line dancers...... We thank them so much .

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 18:36:17 PM »
Geat stuff from those who donated and who I believe should PM scunner and take the credit their kindness deserves  :)

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 18:46:24 PM »
We have now delivered lots of warm clothing to the children we were aiming to help and they were most gratefully received . We have more jumpers being donated so as soon as they arrive they will also be given to a specific child relating to the size of the jumpers. The way we work there are no photographs as Embrace feel that the pride of the Turkish people is paramount to them accepting charity so it was achieved with a great deal of tact but we did get lots of hugs and beautiful smiles . That is all the reward we need and we are currently awaiting reports from a surgeon about 2 children needing operations .We have also purchased an electronic walking machine to assist the physiotherapist working with the children . Our work will continue as long as we are able but sadly the shop has suffered from the other charity shop recently opened in Gunlukbasi so if you do have any spare items we can sell we would be most grateful as we are not giving in without a fight . We are trying to organise social events to raise more money so again your support would be most welcome. Many thanks to all of the people  who showed their support on Sunday meaning our stall had sold out by lunchtime.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 19:09:32 PM »
What a lovely and yet sad post. :(

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 20:11:26 PM »
We are happy to bring wool etc over in May 2014 sorry wish we had called in. Please pm if we can help.

G & I 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf