Author Topic: Vinn wifi  (Read 37227 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: Vinn wifi
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 17:40:47 PM »
I know the shop (Dogus Electrics).  The Sim I have was purchased from a Turkcell shop along with my Dongle and I just top it up as and when necessary with 3 or 10 gb.

I remember your earlier posts Loz and that you were impressed by the speed of the device.  Whilst the Dongle  gets me online, it can be dreadfully slow and sometimes drives me mad.

Thanks both for your input, will give it a whirl.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 18:01:57 PM »
I bought a mifi device today from the Turksell shop on the one way system all seems to be working well at the moment it cost 225tl for device SIM card and 4gb data

Offline Marggie

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 18:29:51 PM »
Got mine too and am well impressed with the speed.  Didn't need a new Sim just topped up, went home and set it up.

My intention is to get a UK Sim for use when in the UK.  Currently using Sky Broadband which is free but only for 2GB per month.  This will enable me to switch to the Vinn when I am reaching my limit.  I know I could upgrade to limitless but as we spend around eight months in Turkey it seems daft to be paying any more than we do for something else that we don't use for most of the year.

Very grateful for your posts Loz, you have given me a solution to our UK problem and also to increasing the speed whilst in Turkey.   :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 20:13:51 PM »
Remember, for the UK go to 3Store for a data sim to use with your MiFi, I tried o2 and it did not work, maybe another shop, Orange T,mobile but 3store is definite.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 06:10:25 AM »
Great Loz, 3Store it will be.  :)

Offline kentish maid

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »
Very interesting posts so thanks everyone and especially Loz. My husband uses a VINN dongle for his laptop and buys the 4gb data bundle for a month every time we come to Turkey. However, due to a serious family illness, we missed our Autumn visit last year and we suspect that the dongle SIM plus our Turkcell SIMS are now blocked as they haven't been used or topped up since last May (2013)! Therefore, this MIFI sounds very interesting if we are going to have to spend out anyway. The VINN can be very slow and this MIFI seems to allow data to be shared by one laptop and an ipad? What is the name of the helpful woman in the phone shop you all recommend please? We arrive in Calis next Tuesday evening for a month so this data sharing will be very useful!  Can she also help with our phones - we will use the same registered ones but the SIMS will be blocked? Any advice please. Thank you.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 18:27:05 PM »
I can't remember the young ladies name even though we have been going to her since 2003.  Your phones will probably be blocked so just new Sim Cards and the MiFi, I call it my pocket Hero, I think you can run upto 5 devices although the more you use the more Gb Data you use and it could slow down, I honestly don't know I have only run one device off mine.
Have a great time.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 19:22:02 PM »
I don't know her name but if you have a mental picture of Thelma from Scooby Doo then that's her  to a T. ;D

Offline ECHOSTAR

• Uk and Sky Tv no Problem
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 00:41:54 AM »
you can buy the myfi unlocked so it will work with any provider i have bought a few of these from the uk these have external aerials to increase the range and speed well pleased with them i bought mine from the uk on ebay and also bought a turkcell one last year a very good buy

Offline joannasal

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 15:10:08 PM »
I had a couple of hiccups at first - it would not work, contacted Turkcell, and the shop had forgotten to register it. That evening it still would not work, went to the shop and there was actually a problem with the sim card they gave me! Finally, 3 days after buying, I was up and running - and I can honestly say I am really happy with it. It is neat to have around and it is very fast. Wish I had heard of these things before  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf