Author Topic: Esnaf Hospital  (Read 2705 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Esnaf Hospital
« on: July 11, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »
I made my first visit to a Turkish hospital yesterday. I broke both ankles while I was visiting UK in April. I had all my records n xrays put on a CD.

I arrived late afternoon without an appointment,expecting to make one later this month. I went to the foreign desk and was greeted by the happy faced,smiley 'receptionists. I explained what the problem was and that UK hospital had advised me to attend to see an orthapedic consultant and arrange physio.
Lady asked for my passport and residency and said I was to pay 75lira,which I did. Then she says follow me, takes me to a consultant straight away. He looked at records and queried why I had crutches still. He sent me for another xray,another 75 lira. Again we went straight in, x rays on both feet. The receptionist stayed with me and translated the whole time. We then went back to consultant who gave me a clean Bill of health. Told me to forget the crutches, walk unaided,don't need physio as the walking I had done and swimming had helped. The pain would last for 4months after operation and swelling will take 12 months to go...So happy with the result, but also with the service received and the cleanliness of the hospital. Slik had been there with a middle ear infection when I was in UK,and had received the same excellent service with an ENT consultant. He had to go back 2 weeks later for a follow up,he expected to have to pay again,but it was all part of the treatment plan.

Yes,very impressed with Turkish medical system. Really puts your mind at rest.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Esnaf Hospital
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 13:01:47 PM »
We went to Esnaf 3 years ago with my grandaughter, a year old feeling lethargic and weak within 40 mins they had blood tests urine tests nappy sample tests back, she saw the baby doctor within 2 mins of arriving. Excellent service she was given medication for a throat infection, we paid £40 excess from insurance and they claimed the rest.
I had a cataract operation there last year brilliant service.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 14:02:07 PM »
My elderly mom in law was treated there on two occasions and the treatment, staff and service were first class.
She was seen within 5 minutes each time. she had a scan within 15 minutes, anyone in a red uniform spoke English
and the one occasion involved a two day stay. There were bed settees in her room so we could stay, the flat screen TV
was switched to English and there was a menu and phone to a place across the road if she didn't fancy the hospital menu.
If she ordered from across the road the order was checked with her doctors to make sure it was ok with her medication.
They were great.

Offline daybreak

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 15:58:02 PM »
I have an ongoing Inner Ear problem and am contemplating going to Esnaf as I can get no joy with the UK health service. Can anyone give me a guide on price and also any advice etc on attending the hospital.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 16:35:55 PM »
The Esnaf have a "tourist" desk, where all of the staff speak English & will accompany you to the individual doctor & translate for you. As you go through the main door, take the first left turn & the tourist desk is more or less facing you. It's 70tl for a consultation, anything else is PAYG if you haven't insurance / SGK.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf