Author Topic: A few photos of the 'Fethiye Fountains' in action this week  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Hamlet

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: A few photos of the 'Fethiye Fountains' in action this week
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
Looking good still, which I must admit is a surprise to me as I did expect them to be blocked up and unmaintained by now.  Well done Fethiye Beleyedi.  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Fabulous photos again Hamlet!   :)

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:39:20 AM »
Absolutely brilliant! May I ask what camera and setting you used. I am trying to make photography a hobby in my retirement, but as the saying goes, "all the gear and no idea" so any tips would be appreciated.  :)

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 13:45:57 PM »
Looking good.  They were drained, full of weeds, and generally uncared for when we there in June.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:13:28 AM »
Absolutely brilliant! May I ask what camera and setting you used. I am trying to make photography a hobby in my retirement, but as the saying goes, "all the gear and no idea" so any tips would be appreciated.    :)

Hi Sadler,
I am by no means anything but a hobby photographer having practiced a lot more since I retired.
The camera I used for these shots is a Nikon D5100 DSLR with an 18 - 135 zoom lens & I left it on Auto.
The beauty of digital cameras is that, dependant on the capacity of the SD card installed, you can shoot for hours and then sort them out later. I will always take several shots of the same thing if I can & when able I put the shutter on 'continuous' especially when taking shots of people & other moveable things, sometimes the 2nd or 3rd shot can capture the moment that the first missed by a fraction of a second.
Nichola Chapman (Mosaik Bahçe) recently started a photography group of which I have just joined and she sent me details of the following, where they give photography tips, 'Karl Taylor Photography' and 'Digital Photography School', check them out. Hope this helps you, if you want to ask any more, just pm me.  :)

Offline patrice

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
Brill photo's ;D

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »
Thanks Patrice  8)

Offline mac2010

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 10:26:42 AM »
Wow that looks very nice. :D

Offline sadler

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 14:39:04 PM »
Hamlet thanks for the advice. I have got a Cannon DSLR, but with 2 lenses, which causes a problem when I am not sure which one to take with me. I also have a Cannon bridge, but when I tried to get the Northern Lights on it, nothing came out as they cannot be manually set like the DSLR. I have found the continuous shot setting and used it to take pics of the family on a trampoline the only problem was that I took hundreds and can't bring myself to delete any! Anyway I will keep persevering and picking people's brains. I would like to go to classes, but we live right out in the sticks and don't receive luxuries like night classes etc nearby.  :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf