Author Topic: Cilla.  (Read 8454 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Cilla.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2015, 21:12:20 PM »

His lack of compassion or respect says far more about him than it does about Cilla Black,

Offline Lotty

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2015, 21:49:01 PM »
I have to say there are a lot of people who agree with Steves opinion of Cilla. Personally I had always liked her but then I lived in Denham at the same time as she did - 1969-onwards and in the small parade of village shops there was a lot of talk of her being of stand-offish or unapproachable. I don't know why she went there in her chauffeur-driven car dressed in her long fox fur coat anyway. There is also a lot on-line about her and her approach to cabin crew too. It really doesn't tally with the girl next door image that she seemed to project.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2015, 21:59:53 PM »
Think that disagrees with all the people who met her and she was always willing to give selfies.  Even the day she died she was on selfies with some people at the airport who said she was totally friendly and willing to be photographed.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2015, 22:05:45 PM »
Absolutely no comparison intended at all but I'm sure many, many people who lined the streets at Jimmy Savile's funeral wish they hadn't.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2015, 22:07:46 PM »
Isn't it the case that she wasn't that well thought of by many Liverpudlians, the daughter of a docker who made contributions to the Tories?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2015, 22:37:06 PM »
At least we were "spared" the mass London hysteria of August 1997.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2015, 10:03:06 AM »
Isn't it the case that she wasn't that well thought of by many Liverpudlians, the daughter of a docker who made contributions to the Tories?

Does this mean that you have to vote Labour because your Father was a Docker?   To me this is total rubbish and a myth.  Many people grow up and make their own minds up how to vote.  They don't have to vote because of their roots.   Incidentally, my Grandmother whose Father also worked at the Docks, voted Tory all her life, just as her Father did.  My Grandfather (her husband) was a Shop Steward and a Boiler Maker.  They agreed to differ.
I know that many Liverpool people came out and lined the root of Cilla's funeral procession. They also queued up to sign the book of condolence in Liverpool.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 10:05:29 AM »
Absolutely no comparison intended at all but I'm sure many, many people who lined the streets at Jimmy Savile's funeral wish they hadn't.

I think this is uncalled for and bears no comparison, as people did not know about Savile's evil past.  Everyone who lined the root at Cilla's Funeral knew all about her, she was honest and hid nothing.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2015, 10:56:10 AM »

Does this mean that you have to vote Labour because your Father was a Docker?   To me this is total rubbish and a myth.  Many people grow up and make their own minds up how to vote.  They don't have to vote because of their roots.   Incidentally, my Grandmother whose Father also worked at the Docks, voted Tory all her life, just as her Father did.  My Grandfather (her husband) was a Shop Steward and a Boiler Maker.  They agreed to differ.
I know that many Liverpool people came out and lined the root of Cilla's funeral procession. They also queued up to sign the book of condolence in Liverpool.

I didn't ask about the validity of the reasons behind it Jacqui, I asked if it was true.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
she was honest and hid nothing.

How do you know that for sure ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf