Author Topic: Out side paint  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Bonzie44

• Newly Registered
Out side paint
« on: August 27, 2015, 12:26:54 PM »
Hi all I have a villa in calis which will soon need to Be painted on the out side . Can anyone recommend a good quality paint ? 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Out side paint
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:30:48 PM »
I would advise you get a good quality Painter to do it for you.   :) 

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
Fili Boya is a good make that we have used.  Polisan Matplast is another.  Make sure it has 'Dis' on the tub, which means outdoor.

Offline Eric

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 12:37:07 PM »
Bonzie might be a painter himself Jacqui   ;)

Offline Bonzie44

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 12:48:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Hi Eric not a painter however apart from bricklaying I am pretty good at doing most things. MY moto why pay someone else to do something I can do my self unless they are very reasonably priced.  ;)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
I have just had the outside of my house painted, all the grilles that cover the windows and doors and all the ironwork gates and fencing.

The painters used Filli Boya paint and are still here painting inside some of the rooms where the rain leaked through over the winter. (The paintwork was 7 years old when I bought the house and the long, wet winter took its toll).

The work is excellent, neat, tidy and careful. I obtained 4 quotes from varying sources, with up to £400 difference in the figures. I chose the 2nd highest quote because he was the only one of the four that gave a 2 year guarantee on the work.

His name is Davut and he is a contact of Şule Beder our avukat. I would highly recommend Davut and his team.

His telephone number is:+90 532 235 83 88.   However, Davut speaks very little English and Şule has asked that if you do not speak Turkish to then ring her on 02526134144.
Please say that Aisha from Villa Riana recommended you as this will explain why you are ringing her.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 12:54:27 PM »
Why do it yourself when you are on holiday?  Also if you have a Villa you will need ladders and it can get very hot painting a house in Turkey.
We got Paul Cherry to do ours and I know he does not use cheap paint.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 15:26:26 PM »
hubbie is painting ours this year when we are out and he as done nothing but say bus mans holiday etc

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 15:43:25 PM »
Fili boya was used on our site in the early part of '11. 4.5 years on  OK the colour's faded a bit & there are small areas that are flaking, but is otherwise looking pretty good

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 17:01:31 PM »
Sounds as if the condition of ours is like Liz101's except ours was painted 6 years ago, when it was built, might get it touched up over the winter but happy with it for now.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf