Author Topic: Quad Bike Accident  (Read 5397 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Quad Bike Accident
« on: May 25, 2016, 16:46:46 PM »
I am reading on F.B. That there is has been an accident involving a girl riding a quad bike and she has been killed seems to have been in this  area, as it has been put on F.B by one of the waiters from a local Calis restaurant and he has also put an image of her. 
Apparently, she had no hazardous sports insurance and her family are asking for donations to bring her body home. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Quad Bike Accident
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 06:53:44 AM »
This is the piece in the local newspaper about this poor girl who was only 21 years old.  Such a tragedy.
Her family are raising money at the moment to bring her body back.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-woman-dies-quad-biking-crash-Turkey/story-29324977-detail/story.html

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:15:23 AM »
Very sad. If you look at her fb page she is Armana Lashawn and theres a video of her in the rain on a quad bike with no helmet on another occasion,
although the report above says she was wearing one it seems unlikely to me..
Waste of a precious young life, very sad.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 09:53:02 AM »
To donate visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/tashaka-baumber.

They are trying to raise funds to get her back home and her Aunt, the one that was driving, needs to be lying down on the flight home. I cant imagine what it must be like to hear your child has died.Such a beautiful, bright young lady too. They are in our thoughts and prayers

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 14:17:00 PM »
Quote from: BernieTeyze link=topic=60828.msg420535#msghttp://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/tashaka-baumber
20535 date=1464339182
To donate visit crowdfunding.justgiving.com/tashaka-baumber

They are trying to raise funds to get her back home and her Aunt, the one that was driving, needs to be lying down on the flight home. I cant imagine what it must be like to hear your child has died.Such a beautiful, bright young lady too. They are in our thoughts and prayers
Sorry, I put a full stop at the end. The correct address http://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/tashaka-baumber

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 15:08:23 PM »
What is needed here is education. Would I have hired a quad bike at age 21? Probably. Would I have got holiday insurance? Yes. Would I have known it didn't cover this type of activity? No.

Another tragedy and another family devastated. It's easy to point at the small print and the lack of crash helmets but people are taking money and gambling with young people's safety and lives every single day.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 16:38:30 PM »
Scunner, people on the T.A. Turkey Forums are told over and over that for paragliding, jeep safaris and quad bikes they need to take out Hazardous Sports Insurance before they leave the U.K.   However, most of them will not fork out the £25.00 for the Insurance.  They take that chance.
This girl lived in Turkey for 6 months and she is pictured on her F.B. Page riding quads with no crash helmet on. Even in the rain in the dark  being dragged up a hill on a quad with no helmet and the words "Sorry Mummies".
I think the main problem is, people on holiday forget all sense of danger and think it will never happend to them.
Who in the U.K would go and throw themselves off a mountain for the first time with a foreign co-pilot with no knowledge of the equipment being used and no insurance?   However, thousands will do it on holiday in Turkey.
Last year when the Welsh guy (who had no insurance) went off the road and down into the water in Oludeniz, it cost £29.000 to med-vac him home, paid for by his Mother-in-law.  He died when he got back to Wales.
So, for these two girl's families, it is going to cost a lot of money. 
I think it is time some of the Travel Companies, who offer insurance to tourists, also explained about Hazardous Sports and the extra insurance needed too.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 12:25:11 PM »
Detective Sergeant James Greely, of the East Midlands Serious Collision Investigation Unit, told the inquest: 'From my analysis of the evidence, the issue wasn't so much if there was any apparent problem with the quad bike, it was more to do with the quality of the helmet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3926638/It-wouldn-t-happened-UK-British-holidaymaker-21-killed-quad-bike-accident-Turkey-suffered-fatal-head-injuries-given-poor-quality-helmet-hire-company.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf