Author Topic: Ciftlik  (Read 8060 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
Re: Ciftlik
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 23:04:50 PM »
Love Ciftlik, lived here for 10 years, cannot comment on rental costs, but village is well-maintained, clean and relatively quiet without being dead!!!!Melisa Market stocks a lot of European produce, and will deliver if necessary, and the Pide place (Ozen's?) is fabulous value for money. 

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 23:47:30 PM »
Thankyou, Are there good bus links to fethiye calis etc or do you need a car to live there? How far away from Fethiye or Calis on public transport please?

Offline busybee

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »
Buses run frequently from Ciflik, every 10/15mins, takes about 10 mins to reach Calis and 30 to reach Fethiye.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 10:23:36 AM »
Ciftlik village is lovely. It has great bus links, a decent market every Thursday, Melissa supermarket, a couple of Pide places, and the usual barbers, water/gas shop, bike repair shop, plus the local council offices.

Not sure how hard it is to rent there though.

If you're thinking Koca Calis, Ciftlik then do some research to see if the area floods before you commit. There's a Koca Calis FB page if you want more info from the locals.

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
We love Ciftlik, really friendly village and surprisingly spread across a wide area as you rise up the hill. A couple points regarding transport, whilst the Dolmus service to Fethiye is very good, if you want to go to Cslis you will need to change domuses at the top of BMB by the Citroen garage (or walk) and just check how far you are from the Main Street as it can be a long uphill walk to some of the properties!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 16:04:58 PM »
Thanks for the info. Is there a part where ciftlik ends and koca Calis starts, so I know where to stop looking or at least be vigilant please?

Offline Menthol

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 17:09:24 PM »

I'm not saying the roads are bad in Kaya, but there are Syrian refugees living in some of the potholes. !!

What a totally unnecessary and repulsive comment.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
Bernie, why not move to Cali's itself. Would recommend the Sunday market area. Everything is on your doorstep. Only a 15-20 minute walk to the nicest beach in Turkey. Try it for 12 months and also it's a lot warmer in winter.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »
I have looked there and its not for me thanks Chris.

Offline angela

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 12:15:45 PM »

I'm not saying the roads are bad in Kaya, but there are Syrian refugees living in some of the potholes. !!
[/quote]

How very droll, will have to pass that on to my Syrian friends & see if they laugh.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf