Author Topic: Best Price to Value Hotel in Calis  (Read 13168 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Best Price to Value Hotel in Calis
« on: September 03, 2017, 20:19:48 PM »
I'd be interested to hear opinions on this  :)

Obviously the more expensive the hotel, the better it is likely to be. And I like an expensive hotel. But I also love a cheaper but great value for money hotel. We stayed at the Yacht Boutique Hotel for a few days this year - fabulous. But we then moved down to the Area on Calis prom - one week there is cheaper than 3 days at the YB Hotel - and I enjoyed the value for money as much as I enjoyed the quality Yacht Boutique.

So quality/£ - what are your favourites?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Best Price to Value Hotel in Calis
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 21:03:56 PM »
We have only stayed at Letoon, The Oykun, Nevada Su and Grand Vizon all of which are the the lower /£ range.

For me, for and the present Mrs H where we stay only needs to be in a location we are happy with, have a good pool, be clean throughout, and be somewhere where we can chill out (no kids) and have a decent breakfast.

Far more important is how we can get interact with the staff. That being the criteria, Letoon (in the past) and The Oykun would get our vote.

PS We prefer to take an apartment these days.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 21:36:29 PM »
After a number of years of having a place in Calis (and feeling we needed to go there rather than a hotel in Calis, or come to that Spain, Portugal etc   :) ) we do enjoy a hotel, no cleaning, breakfast made by someone else and ready when you need it.

I would say that even with the new upstarts in Fethiye - like the Yacht Classic, Yacht Boutique (and when you are out in Fethiye, waitresses serving you who can't help but ask where you are staying give a stunning shocked expression when you say you are staying at the Yacht) - I would say...

The best quality hotel we have ever stayed in, in the Fethiye area is the Ece Saray by miles

The best quality hotel we have ever stayed in, in Calis Beach is the Hotel Delta by miles

The best VALUE hotel is so much harder

A tie between

The ManasPark 2014 B&B
The Oykun (various) B&B
The Area 2017 B&Olives

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 21:43:20 PM »
....(and when you are out in Fethiye, waitresses.............

My recollection is that there were very few waitresses when we first went, staff in restaurants were predominately male.

PS The exception being the glorious Nevra of course   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 21:47:35 PM »
That is indeed very true.

Waiting staff were male and there was a hierarchy - hose down floor guy - ashtray empty guy - barman - order taker - food bringer - food distributor - I am the boss (several for this accolade).

But seriously, when we stayed at the Yacht Boutique but out and about in town, waitresses nearly dropped their menus when we said we were there. "Rich people stay there" - "yes, and us"...

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 21:50:54 PM »
Praise be that it was "their menus"   ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Christie

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 22:26:19 PM »
We stayed at the Delta for 6 days in June and loved it, we then moved down the prom to the gunes, different hotels and prices, but it worked out well.  We loved the deltahotel so much that we have booked to back this month.  For us the deltahotel is the best hotel we have stayed in whilst in calis.  Wealso liked the nevada, but felt it was a bit of a trek lunch times and nights, so much prefer to be on the prom. 

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 22:38:36 PM »
I've only stayed at Letoonia, Victoria, Villa Daffodil and Delta.

By a country mile, the Delta wins. Exceptional value and perfect location.

Although, for various reasons, next year I'm staying at Letoonia in May for 10 days and I have three weeks in a self catering apartment in  September, I will return to the Delta for a hopefully extended stay early 2019.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 22:40:28 PM »
Agreed Christie - we love the Delta in every way, if we are coming over in October it is a no brainer - it only becomes difficult (like this year) when we can't do October and we come in July - we simply can't do July without a pool  :)

I remember members on here a few years back who enjoyed the economy and promside breakfast location of the Hotel Dolphin which was extremely good value. Incredibly, I cannot work out what hotel it is now.

But I do believe there is a place or two for a decent quality, truly budget but clean, seafront hotel.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 22:41:39 PM »
I can understand the praise for the Delta but is the fact that there is no pool a huge factor ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf