Author Topic: Haunting melody  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Ally B

Haunting melody
« on: October 09, 2017, 19:53:44 PM »
Went to see the Mod Musical  "All or nothing" on Saturday. It was the story of the Small Faces, a group from the sixties who were more or less ruined by drink,drugs and bad management. They show was really good with some songs that brought back memories both good and bad. When I got home I started to Google things related to the show. I came across a song by one of the band members Ronnie Lane, called The Poacher.
I went on to You Tube and played it and found it had the most haunting melody I have heard for a long time, it stuck with me all that night. I think it is worth listening to.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Haunting melody
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 20:00:04 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQRphZtv1M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQRphZtv1M</a>

Offline Ally B

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 20:39:01 PM »
Thanks Scunner  I am pretty hopeless at this.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
Very similar melody to Ricky Nelson's, I went to a garden party.

Offline marina

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 16:46:26 PM »
Ahh, Ally you've just taken me back about 50 years! I idolised the Small Faces back then and Ronnie Lane especially. I saw them play live once when they came to my home town. Fabulous night  ;D. I can remember The Poacher, beautiful song. If I remember rightly Ronnie Lane contracted MS and died quite a long time ago now, Steve Marriot died in a fire at his home a few years ago. Can't remember what happened to the other two.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 19:56:25 PM »
It was a real good show Marina. They played to a full house two nights. It was a bit slow the first half hour then really warmed up .The atmosphere was helped with plenty of guys wearing garish jackets and parkas. There was a Vespa scooter on stage with enough lights and mirrors to be seen from the moon. "All or nothing" is still on tour for another month or so, you might be able to catch it if you live near a performance.   

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 20:03:51 PM »
Haven't seen it advertised Ally but will look it up, thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf