Author Topic: Err..  (Read 4592 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Err..
« on: October 28, 2017, 21:43:59 PM »
wheres the beach?? ???

I went for a lovely walk today along the front and realised that there isnt a beach bit there. Where is the nearest, nicest beach please? Im used to jumping on the dolmus and having all the lagoon to go to. Is there a nice bit near by? Any hidden gems?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Err..
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 22:09:02 PM »
Forgive me Bernie - I am not following  :-[

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 23:35:53 PM »
Have you not gone for a nice walk along the front before and noticed there is no beach Bernie? In all your years visiting/living in the area?

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 23:58:49 PM »
Sorry Bernie, but are you losing the plot. :(

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 03:31:56 AM »
No for some reason I thought if you went up to the top of the front past the boats there WAS a beach. No Scunner If I had ever been up there before I would know there wasn't one wouldn't I. I was also under the impression that help bar formerly of Olu Deniz beach was advertising a new beach venture that you could access from the front. So I don't think my comment is that strange really.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 04:03:56 AM »
'In all my years' visiting..Did get me thinking..I stayed at seketur..No longer there..once for two weeks. That's the only time I've sat on Calis beach. Visited the front on  other occasions car boot n stuff but never walked any further. I go on Jerry boat alot..Walk through the shops to front. Go to Migros sit on front by kids park, go on Baris boat from there to gocek. Mostly sat on the front at belceciz beach olu by kumsal pide..And have only ever gone to Billy's beach at the lagoon. Itsuzu beach dalyan a few times. I've always had my own pool up until now. So no my 'nice walks' have been where I lived and fairly limited, taking into account that on my first visit home to England I broke both my ankles, that I've had another three surgeries on..I hope that clears things up ..tut

Offline philrose

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 05:45:09 AM »
Help beach (na few miles past the boatyard) has a man made sandy beach, but if you want a proper sandy beach I would recomend  Patara which has miles and miles of soft white sand. The only drawback is its about 90 minutes away by dolmus....

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 08:04:33 AM »
Aroma Beach Club at the far end of Calis prom is nice Bernie.  It's obviously not soft, white sand but it is clean and comfortable.  The Dolly stops close to it as well.  I believe there are some nice beaches further down Koca Calis area but I haven't been.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 13:33:04 PM »
Aksazlar beach Bernie.. end of Fethiye harbour and the beaches around the headland all reachable by dolmus but closed now for the Winter..

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 13:42:16 PM »
Thanks to the guys that answered. I will definately have a look in all  those areas. I also found a nice map on Turkeys for life of all the beaches on Fethiye coast.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf