Author Topic: Restaurant from yesteryear  (Read 2571 times)

Offline neesiw

• Newly Registered
Restaurant from yesteryear
« on: May 11, 2018, 22:10:36 PM »
Hi, Just wondering if someone can help me?...Back in 2004 We stayed in a villa on the Telmessos resort...right at the end of the beach past some surf shacks...one evening the barman recommended a little hidden restaurant to us and arranged for us and another family to be taken there by minibus...We drove down some dirt tracks for a short while and then arrived at a very small and basic cafe, right on the beach in a lovely setting, we could not believe our eyes, we sat there enjoying the view, drinking cold beer and wine, the food arrived and there was tons of it..the food was bloody fantastic! We felt like we were on a desert island...we sat for hours talking to the very lovely lady who seemed to do everything on her own. When the bill came it was about £40 for 4 Adults and 5 children, for 3 courses, numerous beers & 2 bottles of wine, cokes and ice creams..We was astounded!..All these years have passed and i still think about that lovely place...I am due to return to Calis next month and would love to revisit the restaurant..I have looked on Google Earth and have a rough idea of where it is but I need some help with the name..Can anybody help please?.x

Offline Steve A

Re: Restaurant from yesteryear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 10:56:18 AM »
There’s one along that way I think it’s called the pearl

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 11:06:40 AM »
Could have been the Starfish restaurant at Karaot beach, Yaniklar?

Offline George Warner

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 18:30:48 PM »
Could this have been Helen and Suats place? Telmessos end of Yaniklar beach,place still there,new owners and seems popular wioth Turkish families

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf