Author Topic: Overall Favourite Hotel  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Overall Favourite Hotel
« on: January 22, 2020, 18:42:03 PM »
We've stayed in numerous Calis/Fethiye hotels and some are basic but exceptionally clean/friendly etc, some are in a great location, full of facilities or luxury at a price etc...

But :D

What is your favourite of all of them?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Overall Favourite Hotel
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 19:02:50 PM »
Haven't stayed in many but without a shadow of a doubt, Letoon.

Basic in the extreme (especially as far as storage was concerned) but scrupulously clean, best of locations and staff that felt like family.

Heaven.

Offline jan deli

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 20:08:28 PM »
This would be really useful.For many years i used a friends apartment but sadly her husband passed away and she sold it.Looking at rental prices for an apartment is expensive for 2 people so it seems cheaper to stay b&b in a hotel, but where do you start.

I was recommend to stay at the Remer Hotel so i gave it a try.This is my opinion/review.

Good location near seafront, backs onto a busy main road so ask for a pool view room if booking and noise is an issue.Close to a bus stop.

Hotel and rooms were very clean but lacking in furniture no drawers or chairs.No kettle, tv only received 2 English channels, had a fridge.The balcony’s are very small standing room only.

Pool area had plenty of sun beds, kept tidy, cleaned washed down every night.Nice bar serving food all day, ice creams coffee etc.No evening entertainment if you would want it.

Usual standard buffet breakfast some days offered omelettes at no extra cost.Didn't try the evening buffet as i prefer freshly cooked food that hasn’t been kept warm for a few hours.

Staff and Receptionist was lovely nothing was too much for her.

Good value no frills hotel for a double room in my first Calis hotel.I’d give it a 7/10

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 20:26:46 PM »
Yes we agree with  you jan deli, the Remer is an excellent Hotel, we stayed there twice before we bought our villa almost 9 years ago and it ticked all the box"s for us !!  8)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 20:32:44 PM »
Very good review jan deli.

I'm quite fond of the receptionist at the Remer.  ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 09:26:14 AM »
We’ve stayed at a fair few only on mini breaks or one night only ( we have a bit of a bucket list thing going on to stay at all of them) some of the one night only has been “praise the lord” for the one night only booking we made! That’s not being unkind just honest!
Our list has been over a period of a good few years now so obvs some have changed been updated etc, it’s gonna be a long post so feel free to scroll past!)

Our number one choice will always be the Jiva not particularly for the all inclusive aspect but the modernness, cleanliness and comfort.

Remer we stayed at before the refurb actually we didn’t stay as there was a prob with the booking so we were took to the Rosary beach to sleep ( never ever again) and ate at the Remer ( which was all inclusive back then)
Food was mediocre and boring and at that time ( now I’m a total cat/ kedi lover) we had sooo many cats trying to get on the tables whilst eating which was really horrid...

Rosary beach never go back even if it was on offer for free horrid wet room bathroom outdated and I can remember something about Derek saying there was a dangerous / unsafe socket in the actual bathroom, this stay was also not nice due to a horrid old man on reception who was not happy being disturbed watching telly when being asked politely for something...

Makri beach was ok ( think it had been recently refurbed when we stayed) room was ok but we made the mistake of sleeping with balcony doors open and they have some big trees beachside OMG we got loads of mozzie bites and woke up scratching and about 20 mozzies on the walls!

Delta rooftop suite gorgeous 100% go back here again it’s been refurbed since we stayed.
Nil bar penthouse suite 100% stay there again everything was gorgeous up there lovely comfy bed one of the nicest Iv ever slept in...
Penthouse at George’s 100% stay here again the only one minor thing was tiny balcony space but better then not having any...

Yasmine ( similar spelling) all was fine with this stay.

Nevada Hotel was always a fav as they have lovely long shower cubicles spacious rooms and I love their outside area.

Blueberry boutique (used to be called something else I forget the name) in and outey roads off Baris Manco, stayed here twice lovely little hotel, nice modern rooms and would defo stay here again...

Also many years ago one of the ones beginning with M further along think it’s called the Malhun, we were on an inspection tour with Nicholas Homes and we’re put in Hisaronu it was end Dec and we didn’t like being in Hisaronu so paid to move to Calis it was one of the few open at that time in winter, prob wouldn’t stay here again not through any faults and it may have been refurbed over the years but a bit dated for us...

Letoon lovely outside area and nice breakfast and a lovely feel of being in “proper Turkey” but couldn’t cope with the wet room bathroom as we had to use the towels to stop water going in bedroom and I really dislike having to leave things like that for the maids, such a shame about their bathrooms...

There may be a few others to add later.

Oh and good old Club Tuana it’s a no from us rooms tired and dated and musty smelling, hubby got ill on day we were leaving here and it lasted about 5 more days after, I also had a not very nice massage here so cross with myself after as I paid up and didn’t say anything, shame as lovely big pool and outside area and beach part.

Oh and we did sneak onto the Thompson Sensatori beach once we just wanted to see if we could do it literally laid on a sunbed few hours and read our books, they must have more beach then where we were because if I was paying their prices I’d defo expect more then that for my money!

Offline daveG

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:48 AM »
In Calis:-    Mutlu still my favourite.
In Fethiye:- In the winter months:- Orka (Carnival really good for Valentines banquet!!) Ece Saray lots of plusses but my overall favourite
remains Yacht Classic (recommend room 205)

Offline Christie

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 13:38:00 PM »
Have stayed in quite a few hotels in Calis,  but as soon as we found the Delta, that was it for us. Lovely hotel, rooms are great  with loads of drawers, shelves and wardrobe space..  Fantastic views and excellent friendly helpful staff,  such a well run hotel.  Always look forward to going back there.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 17:51:39 PM »
Only stayed at Kaan,Dove and Vanilla.I would stay at them all again,they are all run by lovely people and are like home from home.If I had to put them in order it would be hard to as each has its own benefits.
Kaan rooms a bit small but great outside space and bar,a little further out than the others.
The Dove,large rooms but a bit tired,again great pool and bar area.
Vanilla nice good sized rooms and balcony,lovely pool and gardens with outside bar but not as social as the other two.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 18:16:04 PM »
I agree with Karen on the Jiva - we didn't particularly stay there for the AI, more for the modern, slick nature of the place. Also agree with Christie on the Delta - absolutely fantastic.

For value for money I agree with daveG - the Mutlu has so much to offer - great location, guaranteed good view, relaxed pool area and a good breakfast.

But for all that agreeing, the best I have stayed at is the Ece Saray - location, staff, quality, ambience and pretty much everything else just perfect in my humble opinion. Also a wonderful breakfast up on the roof restaurant.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf